Chapter 1: A Change Of Fate

"Lord Gu." Eunuch Ling called. "Yes, Ling?" My voice was still shaking.

What could have been a poor goddess's desperation to take a huge step like this? Her fair skin is lifelessly pale. Her body is motionless like a sculpture out of marble. And her breath is almost meager.

I can't let her slip away.

"Lord Gu." Ling looked at me worriedly. "He is here."

"Bring him in immediately." I thundered at him in anticipation.

"Yeah, Lord Cian Tou brought an unknown Goddess to this realm." The Eunuch whispered to the Chief Demon Doctor, Yu Hai. "Well..." Yu Hai was about to say something but he paused. An awkward smile crept on his face when he saw me.

"Welcome Doctor Yu Hai." I stood up. "In my lifetime of 10000 years, I have never seen Lord Gu this worried about someone." He curtsied.

"Can she survive the night?" I asked, while Doctor Yu checked Yun Fa Jing. "She slit her wrist using Rian Sha, thus it's unfortunately unpredictable." He sighs as he inspects her wrist.

***

"This can't be." He gasped. "Shen me?" I was worried so much that I was having a fever. "This Guniang is none other than the 4th Hua and 2nd Tong Princess."

"She is the Legendary Hua Yun Fang's daughter, Tong Fa Jing." He finally said. "Why haven't you..."

"No, no one will tell anyone about anything." I sharply say. "She is a Goddess, Lord Gu." Doctor Yu Hai tried to talk some sense in me.

"I have given her my word." I yell so loudly this time that Yu Hai and the Eunuch cowers.

After a long screaming and talking some sense match between me and Yu Hai, we both finally calmed down and went down tending Fa Jing in peace.

"Holy Twelve Demonic Realms and Thirteen Heavenly Skies." He yelps out of nowhere.

"Yu Tai don't test my patience." I warn him through gritted teeth. I have heard enough of bad news for today.

"Tong Guniang can be saved..."

I wanted to correct him but I stopped myself. He is trying his best. "That's great news, right?" I look at him wistfully.

"But it can be tricky, Yun Fang's soul is attached to Fa Jing's spirit." He took a deep breath. "One has to enter in to the mind of her."

"I will go."

***

Fa Jing's spirit realm is quite extraordinary and beautiful. "Yun Guniang." I call her name as I wander around.

"Demon Lord Gu?"

I turn to face another lady; she is probably Hua Yun Fang. "Ni hao, Lady Hua." I bowed. "Ni hao, Lord Gu. Tell me what made you come here?" "Your daughter... I want to save her."

"What did she do?" She becomes worried. "She is slit her wrist, sacrificing herself for you." I narrated the whole incident.

She fell silent. Soon her eyes became glassy.

"Lady Hua, I would respect your every decision, but the time is passing. In order to save Fa Jing, your soul has to leave her body." I told her carefully, I know how much Lady Hua has gone through.

"Lord Gu is merciful." She suddenly fell on my feet. "Goddess, I'm a low demon in front of you." I shriek.

"Lord Gu can I ask for a favor?"

"Yes."

"Erase my memory."

***

I finally get into my body.

"Lord Gu?" Every one in the room is worried.

"Yes, it's me." I answer calmly. "Lord Gu, it has been six years nine months and forty-nine days." Yu Hai told. "Is..."

"Lord, she is stable but would take years to heal."

"Then everything is okay." I got up from the bed. Suddenly Yu Hai grabs me by my forearm. "Cian Tou, where have you been?" Worry is written all-over his face. His voice is low and his face is dangerously close.

I didn't answer right away.

"You used your spirit." He understood. "Cain Tou, you are a Demon Lord not a God, remember that."

"Hu Tai, something has to be done when Gods don't act like Gods anymore."

He loosens his grip on my forearm. Defeated, he gave a sad smile. I gently give a pat on his shoulder. "Xie-xie nie, Yu Hai."

The next day I call the astrologer at the palace.

"According to sutra and my calculations, Goddess Yun Fang is going to be born in the warring Eastern Kingdom." The astrologer told. "Lord Gu, we can't do anything but wait, after all she has the Curse of Eternal Tragedies. Because fates are variable, they do tend to change."