Chapter 6: The Marriage In Three Worlds

The wedding was conducted at Liang Fei Pavilion of the Grand Dragon Palace. Her dress was made of red silk and was brocaded with gold and silver wires. I leaned on the pillar beside me.

I crossed my arms as she continued to adjust her jewellery and crown. She looked as cheerful as Yun Fang when she got married to Jheng Er in secret. But I know she is still doubtful of the marriage arrangement.

Good thing about this marriage is I can keep a close eye on her and protect her from Jiang Guan.

"Lord Gu, how am I looking?" Her question catches me off-guard as I'm not supposed to be in her chambers.

"Don't worry, I'll tell no one." She smiled.

"You look like you are meant to rule the Three Worlds."

***

There were lots of guest. Some were from other distant kingdoms and noble families of Eastern Empire whereas others were from the famous sects of Jianghu.

I stayed close to Yun Xi but far from people. Her hair was styled in such a perfection that she mirrored her inner Yun Mei.

Indeed, some spirits can't be locked. They are meant to be free.

How things would have changed if I would have refused to give her Rian Sha? But I gave it to her anyway. This was my love for her but, she wasn't mine anyway. Yun Mei belonged to her beloved follower, with whom she is meant to be.

But Jheng Er wasn't an immortal, he was a free spirited Jianghu man. But his love and devotion for her was pure.

***

(Fa Jing P.O.V.)

I slowly opened my eyes. I squinted my eyes. I should not open my eyes. I should have been dead. But the surrounding feels different. It's not the palace.

I get up from the bed. It's not Heaven either. As I peep through the nearest window.

"Yun Guniang, is it?" The man asks in the brightest grey robes I have ever seen. "Yes, I am Yun Fa Jing." I answer a bit hesitantly.

He patiently waits for me to ask my unanswered questions. But I'm lost in my own thoughts trying to find the answer myself.

"If Jiang Guan has asked to keep me locked up, tell him, I won't survive for long." I unfolded my sleeve to show my dull five petalled lotus mark on wrist.

"My spirit will die in few months." I whisper.

"Lord Gu despises Jiang Guan. And welcome to Demonic Realm." He said.

"Demonic Realm... Lord Gu..." My head began to spin. Suddenly he grabs me by my shoulders preventing me from falling.

The touch is similar to him, my mysterious guardian in terms of firmness. But then again, his palms are soft against my silk draped shoulders unlike the mysterious guardian, whose palms were rough like an ironsmith.

Suddenly Jing Jin walks inside the room, I frantically push him away.

My face turns red in humiliation as I look down. Jin Jing clears her throat. She is the only nine tailed cat-immortal in three worlds. "Tong Mei-Mei, you are finally awake."

"Is Yun Mei's soul free?" I ask her. "Yes, I heard she is reborn in mortal world as a princess." 

I finally sighed in relief. She is finally free.

She suddenly notices the blackened veins in my wrist. And without skipping a beat, she grabs my wrist. "Fa Jing." She says my name in horror.

"Jing Jin Jie-Jie, I am Jheng Er's daughter." I said with half smile. I dramatically leaned over the window as I exhaled as loudly I could.

She turned to face the guy, "Yu Hai, isn't there a way..." So that is his name.

"Jie." I interjected. "I don't want to live long. I just want to live..." I paused. "I want to live till Yun Mei gets her honour back."

I silently crack my knuckles, thinking about the mysterious man. Suddenly my eyes fall on the image. "He, he is..."

"The 4th Demon Lord." Jing Jin smiled.

"Gu Cian Tou?" I asked, still not believing. Both of them nodded. 'Fate works in a twisted way.'

"Well, before my soul breaks, I want to destroy two people." I whisper quietly. "I know who are you talking about... All I can say is, yes. I can be arranged."

Suddenly I cough blood.

"Mei-Mei." Jing Jin wails. "I'm fine Jie. I'm fine." I chuckle, trying to ease her. My mouth tastes metallic. "Does it hurt?" Jing Jin asked. "Promise me you will not tell about this to Lord Gu." I told her instead.

"Fa Jing." Tear rolls down her cheeks. "Don't worry Jie, when my soul would shatter into million pieces, one piece would take a human form, one would become a lotus in Xin Jing, and rest would become the thousands of bamboos in the forest in Yuwei Valley."

I was crying myself while trying to console Jing Jin.

***

I laid on the bed as Yu Hai frantically searched for something. I finally asked, "What are you searching for?"

"Few soul stabilizers." He went on with his search as soon he replied. "I wish Jing Jin was here." I sighed. "Then you shouldn't send her back."

"Well anyways, where is Lord Gu?" I changed the topic. "In Mortal Realm. Attending the one and only marriage in three worlds."

I sat up. "Do you have a Guqin or something?"

"I'll get it for you, just don't exert your chi too much."

***

(Yun Xi P.O.V.)

The celebration was tiring. I sat on the edge of bed with my face still covered in red veil. He was still greeting few guests outside.

I nervously shake my legs. The idea of first night terrifies me. I abruptly froze as the door slides open. I know it is him. He clears his throat. I close my eyes shut in anticipation.

He slowly removes the veil. He slides his finger underside of my chin and gently lifts my face. "I might have carved millions of jade hairpins in my past life, that I got you as my wife." He whispers. I bite my lower lip in nervousness. He then glides his thumb over my lips, his eyes not leaving mine. I know this is not just it, with his free hand he fills the jadeite glasses with liquor.

"Yun Xi." His voice is husky and filled with yearning. "You are so beautiful like a Goddess, that I want to worship you." And he gently puts his lips above mine slowly.

***

(Flashback: Jheng Er)

Goosebumps rose as I locked the door behind. I cannot believe my wife is a Goddess, my most beloved Goddess. It feels sad and happy at the same time, that she chose a poor Guqin player instead of a God or a King.

My limb began to tremble as I took each step.

"Call me Jing Mei." She told softly.

"Jing Mei."

***

(Extra: Lord Gu)

"Consort Yun Xi." I bowed as she arrived in her training outfit. "Lord Gu, this is not necessary." She abruptly took a step back. "This much respect I must give to you, after all you are the Consort of Crown Prince."

She becomes quiet for few seconds.

"I hope you know how to use these old blades."