1 | Harmless Dare

It was a party before the start of their third year of high school. A lot of the 'soon to be third years' have gathered together to have a fun time before the school year starts. There at the party stood Suna and his friends. They were casually talking and drinking, toasting to a new, fun and last school year.

That's when someone had the idea to play an innocent game of the infamous party game, Truth or Dare. Everyone had decided to join and Suna thought it'd do no harm to join in too. He didn't want to act like he was scared and took a seat in the circle of people. Even if he didn't like being social, it doesn't mean he won't have friends.

Every time you backed out, you had to drink. That was the only rule. After a few rounds, it got back to Suna. Suna was already getting drunk since he skipped a bunch of rounds, not because he was scared but just so he could get more to drink.

"Suna~ truth or dare???" one of his friends asked, looking at Suna til he gave his answer.

"Dare." he smiled, taking another sip from his drink. The group of friends thought about what dare to give and finally found the perfect one to give Suna.

"You see that boy over there? The one with the grey hair? Yeah, I dare you to try and get him to fall for you." the guy snickered giving a grin at Suna. Suna thought about it and what are the possibilities of that happening. It was just a harmless dare, it's not like they would actually fall in love.

When Suna looked over, he saw his teammate, Osamu Miya. He sighs, but since he's too drunk to think of what could happen, he casually stands up and walks over to the wing spiker.

This surprises his friends who know Suna doesn't talk to people so easily. He really doesn't care about socializing, so seeing him do the dare so easily caught them off guard. They all snickered and watched the middle blocker try and socialize.

"Hey Osamu, mind if we talk?"

"Uh, sure. What do you want? You're Suna Rintarou, right?"

"Yeah and nothing really, just wanted to talk to you. Any harm there?"

Osamu laughs a bit. He looks back up to Suna and shakes his head. They continue to build a conversation and ended up staying together the rest of the party. For some reason, even as someone who doesn't care about other people, he felt interested in the wing spiker. The way he looks, talks, just about anything about him. He pushes these thoughts away. He's doing this for the dare and nothing else, the alcohol must be getting to him.

At the end of the party, the two players were able to actually get to know each other. Even if they were teammates, neither one of them bothered talking to the other unless it was needed for something important. Osamu spotted his brother getting ready to leave and said a quick goodbye to Suna to try and catch his brother.

As everyone else left, Suna grabbed Osamu's arm before he could lose sight of him.

"Can I have your number at least?"

"Hmm.." Osamu looks at Suna. Damn that face looked kind of cute. He shook off the thought and grabbed Suna's phone and placed his number.

"Just text me whenever, I'll reply eventually. Goodnight." and Osamu walks away from Suna just like that. The middle blocker stood there and watched the wing spiker walk out of the party with his twin.

"Looks like y'all hit it off. Better not have too much fun. It's just a dare but with how it looked, I wouldn't be surprised if something happens between y'all." the friend tapped his shoulder as he started walking out of the party too. "Shut the fuck up." Suna shrugged off what his friend said and left the party too.

At Suna's home, he immediately flopped onto his bed. He was beginning to sober and realized what had happened. He thought about Osamu and wondered how things would end up. "It's just a harmless dare" he thought. However, he doesn't know what he's up for.

He decided to sleep it off and just go with the flow. He'll see Osamu soon anyways, school was starting in two days. Before drifting off to sleep, he decided to get his phone and open Osamu's number.

[To: Osamu]
See you at school. I had fun talking to you.

He closed his eyes not expecting a reply as it was getting late. Suddenly, he heard his phone vibrate. He looked at his phone again and was surprised to see an almost immediate reply from the wing spiker.

[From: Osamu]
I had fun too. See you as well.

For some reason, Suna smiled. He felt warm, like he met someone who was going to be a big part of his life. For the last time, he closed his phone and closed his eyes and eventually drifted off to sleep.

Osamu closed his phone and sighed. He thought how he might've met someone who could change his life. All his life, he really just lived as an expectation for his parents and a support for his brother, who supported him as well. He didn't know how but it gave him that feeling. He looked over at Atsumu who was staring at his phone and started blushing.

"What're ya blushing at? Yer giant crush on tha' Itachiyama spiker?" he laughed, teasing his twin.

"Fuck off, Samu. At least I have someone I like. Yer gonna be lonely forever." Atsumu stuck his tongue out rolling to his side facing away from his brother still texting Itachiyama's spiker, Sakusa. "Yer so hopeless." Osamu just smiled thinking that maybe he had met someone he could like. He couldn't be for sure but what he did know is that he wants to grow closer to Suna.

He rolled to his side and closed his eyes wanting to relax. He thought about how his acquaintance with his new friend, Suna, would turn out.

"I can't wait to see him again."