8 | Meeting Again

It's been 3 years since then. Suna was scouted out to join EJP after college which he did. He was living his dream being a professional volleyball player. Everything seemed perfect. His teammates were great, he was a regular in the team, he had a good apartment and good friends. But even with all this, he still knows something is missing, something that's meant to be there with him.

He hasn't seen, talked or even heard of Osamu since they graduated. He keeps in touch with Atsumu but even then, it feels like Osamu disappeared completely. He waits everyday for the time where he'll be able to meet eyes with the grey haired twin and talk to him. He really wants to fix everything, he knows that they're probably still both hurting.

Some nights when he can't go to sleep, Suna would open his phone and go through old messages and photos between the two. He feels happy looking back but tears start running down his cheeks. He misses the nights they sneak out, the stolen kisses behind the team's back, the jokes and laughs they shared together. He just misses Osamu.

--

One day, the team decides to eat out for team bonding. After a grueling practice, they all get ready to take off.

"Hey Suna! Are you coming?" Suna looks up from his phone to meet their starting libero, Komori. He is also Sakusa's cousin. Sakusa is Atsumu's boyfriend for 3 years. The middle blocker is still surprised that Atsumu was able to get that wing spiker (outside hitter) to date him. He remembers when Atsumu made him stay up til 2am listening to their 'love story'.

"Oh, uh, where?" Suna asks confused. He wasn't listening to his team's conversation since he immediately went on his phone once practice ended.

"We're going to eat out for lunch at a place that recently opened up their branch here! We heard the food was good." Suna nods his head in response and follows the Komori to go to the rest of their teammates.

While walking, Suna realizes he hasn't asked the name of the restaurant so he can google it. It was a little habit of his when he goes to a new place. One of his teammates reply to his question, "Oh, it's called 'Onigiri Miya'. Heard from friends outside of Tokyo that it was good." Suna stiffens. Did he just say 'Miya'? No way. "It's only a coincidence" he tells himself. Komori notices Suna stiffening and pats him on the shoulder asking if he was alright. Once again, Suna just nods trying to relax and refrain from overthinking. However, he starts remembering old conversations in his head.

"Samu, are you serious about quitting volleyball?"

"Yeah, I am. I wanted to do somethin' related to food. Ya know how I love cooking and all."

"Well, you do make some pretty good onigiris. I wish I could eat them all the time."

Samu smiles at Suna showing a small laugh which makes Suna's heart beat faster.

"But if you made your own store, what would you call it?"

"Hmm..good question. Maybe somethin' like 'Onigiri Miya'? Has a nice ring to it. Wha do ya think, Rin?"

"I think it's good. I better be the ones to taste the new flavors."

They both laugh, enjoying each other's presence.

"It's just a coincidence" Suna takes a deep breathe to better his nerves.

--

They make it to the newly opened branch. They walk inside and are greeted by the employees. The place is slightly packed, makes sense for such a popular place. They go to get a table and look at the menu. Suna is starting to get anxious, he hasn't seen him yet but looking at the menu, it reminds him about all the ideas Samu used to tell him about. He's so deep in his thoughts he couldn't even hear his teammates calling him.

"Hey! Suna! Are you alright bro? Ya seem tense." one of his teammates tell him. Suna gives him a slight smile so that his team don't worry about him. "Sorry, just remembered something." and his teammates nod and go back to finding what to order. He really has to stop worrying so much, he's been wanting to see him anyways. Why is he freaking out?

He shakes off the nerves as much as he can to suppress them and looks at the menu to find what he wants. His anxiety won't stop him from getting delicious food, he tells himself. After about 20 minutes they all finally decide what to order. They write it down on a paper and ask two people to order for them all. No one volunteers so they just play rock paper scissors. Komori and Suna ended up losing so that means they have to be the ones to order. The rest of the team smile at them as the two roll their eyes.

They go walk to the counter to line up and Komori speaks up while they wait. "Suna, are you sure you're okay?" Suna can hear the concern in his voice. Suna just looks at him, scared to say anything. "Is it about your ex you vaguely told me about before?" and Suna just nods. Komori smiles at him, reassuring him everything will be alright. Suna trusts Komori and he knows that he's a good friend. They often hangout anyways with Sakusa and Atsumu when they're free. They also often see the couple when they go against them in real and practice matches.

They keep the conversation going just talking about volleyball and plays that they recall from matches to keep them busy while waiting. After 10 minutes they finally reach the counter. Suna looks down at his pockets to find the list of orders of his teammates when suddenly he hears a familiar voice. He freezes for a second but continues to try and act normal.

"Hello! Welcome to Onigiri Miya! How may I help you toda-" and then the man's voice stopped when he met Suna's eyes.

"Suna, are you alright?" Komori asks but looks at how the two are looking at each other. The way they are staring at each other tell Komori that this is the guy Suna told him about. The one Suna cried about. He looks at both of them worryingly and is surprised when he hears Suna speak.

"Samu?" there's a crack in his voice. He suddenly becomes hyper aware of Osamu's physical features. The dark circles are still there but a bit lighter, the bandages he saw before are gone, his voice is a bit deeper from the last time he heard him. One thing he definitely sees is a familiar matching bracelet the twin is wearing.

"I bought us matching bracelets so we don't get lonely."

"This is cute, Rin. Love ya."

He sees Osamu look at the matching bracelet on Suna's wrist before looking back up at the middle blocker trying to keep his composure as to not cause unnecessary disturbance to the rest of the restaurant. His eyes widen when he hears the familiar man smile weakly and speak.

"Osamu Miya, at yer service."