Chapter 6 - Worry

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

The Miller's and the Walkers, we just go together like peanut butter and jelly. The two patriarchs attended  liberty together, played on the football team together, vacationed together so of course their children would also do everything together. That's how Bryce and I ended up friends. We grew up together, Bryce being older by a few months which he always likes to remind me.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

ANOTHER NIGHT, another party at the Walker residence. Mr and Mrs Walker much preferred spending time travelling Europe than actually raising their son. Maria the maid had spent more time with Bryce than his parents had in the last few years. Needing a distraction, I decide to turn up to this one seems as I ditched the other nearly a week ago. Today had been a dramatic day. Jess quit the cheer team because Chloe wouldn't shut up about finding her a new boyfriend. Kelsi had attempted to purposely injure me at practice for reasons only known to her.

Tyler and his new friend made a fashion statement with their newest 'asshole' t-shirts. Never a boring time at liberty. Arriving at the party, I decide to just walk around the back to the pool house knowing majority of the people I actually wanted to see would be hanging there. I push my way through the crowd and grab a drink from the mini fridge. Looking for an empty seat, I plop myself down next to a bored looking Scott Reed.

"So, come here often?" I ask nudging his knee with mine.

"Only every week. Swear I've seen a girl that looks exactly like you hang around here a few times"

"That's my twin Lottie. She's much more fun than me" I say sarcastically.

"Dixie fucking Miller. You decided to finally show up. What happened a few days ago?" Bryce bellows as he enters the pool house.

I roll my eyes at the interruption "Something came up"

"I'm sure it did. Where's your lapdog? Left him at home?" He retorts with his signature smirk.

"If you're talking about Zach he's at home studying"

"Have you heard dix?" Scott interrupts.

"Heard what?"

"Our little friend Foley is back. Monty and I saw him this afternoon. He was out walking with Tony. He looked fucked up" Bryce recounted.

My heart starts to race. "Oh is he? Wonder why he came back"

"I don't know. You tell me" He asks, his stare never leaving my face.

Just then we're thankfully interrupted by the appearance of Chloe and her little followers, Giovanna and Kelsi. The latter girls face drops as soon as she sees me sitting in the pool house. I give her the fakest smile I can muster. If you can't beat them, join them.

"Oh Dixie. Hi" Chloe grumbled.

"Hey Chloe"

"I thought you said this was just for the boys in here?" She whispers to Bryce not so subtly.

"It is. Dixie is pretty much one of guys"

"I'm sure she is" Kelsi scoffs.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I snap.

"Nothing. Just a question though, how many of the guys in this room have you had sex with?" She flicks her fake hair over her shoulder.

"Zero"