Chapter 1 - 5 Months Later

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

5 MONTHS. ITS BEEN 5 months since alot of lives changed for the worse. 5 months since Hannah's death. 5 months since Olivia and Andy Baker witnessed their daughter's life end.
For me, it's been a long 5 months. The longest of my life. In those 20 weeks i've managed to lose all but one of my friends. I'm homeless, currently living on said friends bedroom floor. I've lost my boyfriend due to the fact that I was childish and only thought of my own feelings. I've lost Bryce Walker because I'm choosing to tell the truth instead of taking bribes. I've lost Justin Foley because I chose Bryce over him. I've lost my parents because I made a decision that I know was for the best.

The worst thing I've lost in all those months is myself. I have no idea who I am anymore. I'm not Monty's girlfriend. I'm not part of the golden trio. The golden trio no longer exists. I'm not Roman Miller's beloved daughter. I'm just Dixie. Dixie who had the world in the palm of her hands but shattered it when it slipped out of her grasp.

Staying with Zach and his family has been the only thing that has put a smile on my face. Mrs Dempsey is everything you could want in a mom. She's kind, she listens, she never puts you down, she's an amazing cook with even better cuddles. Mei is the annoying little sister that I've always dreamed of having. A mini best friend. Someone that will always have your back no matter what. She's too smart for her age though.

Zach, what can I say about Zach Dempsey? Zman has slowly turned into my best friend. The best friend I've ever had. Much better than Bryce or Justin. Zach will not rest until he has put at least 7 smiles on my face in the space of a few hours. He's been my rock. Many nights Zach has sat up with me until the early hours while I cry about unimportant things. Last night neither Zach or I got much sleep. Today is the first day of the trial against Liberty. Tyler Down is the first person called to testify. Tyler is someone to be worried about, he knows too much about too many people. Him and that damn camera.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

This trial is going forward, it affects the whole town. We have to think about it all over again, how Hannah lived and how she died and how it's changed all of our lives. It's important for everyone to understand how it all happened. The whole story you know? Because things at liberty are as bad as they've ever been.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

WALKING INTO SCHOOL this morning was terrifying. This was the first time in my life that I hadn't walked into Liberty with Bryce, Justin or Monty. I know people have been talking about the fact that the golden trio are no longer friends and the fact that their IT couple had broken up for reasons unknown to anyone that wasn't on the tapes. Many students had come to their own stupid conclusions which, I have to say, are highly entertaining. While being occupied in my own thoughts I didn't even realize that Zach had slung his arm around my shoulders, signifying he was there for me. We separate to go to our lockers, his being only 4 down from mine.

The comfortable mummer of voices is suddenly shattered by the arrival of Bryce, Monty and Scott. Trailing behind them, a few cheerleaders and 2 girls I use to class as friends, Gio and Kelsi. My stomach drops at the fact I would have to face the two boys for the first time in months. I look to Zach for comfort but find a look in his eyes that mirror mine. Opening my locker i prepare for the unavoidable.