Chapter 5 - Withdrawal

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

My whole life my father told me people will judge me. People will assume they know who I am by looking at me and that the deck is stacked against me. When you're faced with that, when you're without power, on the outside, you have tough choices. It's easy to hide, to give into the pain like Hannah did. She started to believe that she was less than. To believe that a life of privilege and position was only for other people but the truth is privilege is a trap all of its own.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

THE WEEKEND PAST without too many issues. I skipped Bryce's party as I didn't really want to spend another second around him. My weekend consisted of looking after a hungover Zach and actually practicing my cheer routines. Monday arrived and I had an early morning text from Tony asking if I'd go and babysit Justin while Clay went to school. Choosing to ditch liberty was an easy option for me. I needed to look after Justin. Jay and I are probably the only ones that can take Bryce down in court. He needs to be at his fittest. No one will trust the word of an addict. Following Tony's instructions, I climb through Clay's bedroom window to see Sheri already sitting there.

"What the fuck? You as well?" Clay hisses as i enter the room.

"Hey to you too Jensen. Did I do something wrong? I waited until your mom left"

"Why did he send you two? I asked Tony to help"

"I have supplies" Added Sheri.

"I brought myself and wit?"

"When's Tony coming?" Clay sighed, annoyed at our presence.

"He's not Clay. He's still on probation. He can't risk getting involved now he knows about Justin" I explain to the confused boy.

"What about me?" Justin questioned as he appeared as if from nowhere.

"Okay so I was washing your clothes, I found your shit and flushed it. Now Tony thinks you need detoxing"

"What the fuck Jay?" I spin around fuming at the stupid boy.

Justin suddenly grows even more pale, panic washing over him. "I'm out"

"Look Justin, you want to help Jess right? You can't testify if you're high" Clay explains.

"Right ok" The boy agrees, calming down at the mention of his ex girlfriend.

Clay checks his watch. "Shit I can't miss school"

"Just go. Sheri or I will text you every hour. Go" I say trying to convince Clay to get a move on.

As soon as Clay leaves Justin pukes up all of his breakfast onto the boys poor sheets. I decide to take one for our mini team and clean that one up while Sheri takes care of an unrecognizable Foley.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

We do ourselves no favours by keeping our heads down, by hiding. You have to find a way to hold your head up. You have to find a way to belong in this world. You have to find a way to be strong. When you're marginalized, powerless, you have to find the strength somewhere. In friends.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶