Chapter 10 - Truth

⚠️ TW- Sexual Assault ⚠️

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

I've always been rough around the edges or at least that's what people think. Maybe that's what I want them to think. But Hannah, she saw right through all of that. She was the kind of friend who challenged me whether I liked it or not. Hannah and I had a relationship like--well we kept each other's secrets. Me, I try to be a good friend in the way I know how. I sometimes let my anger get the best of me. Or if i don't, it eats me up inside. When we act out of anger or fear we can hurt people we don't mean to hurt.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

THIS MORNING I FOUND out the down side to working at Monets, the 5am shifts. The first hour and a half had gone by extremely slow. Liberty had their championship baseball game tonight so Monty was already at school finishing up some work so he could concentrate on practice all day.  Lacking any sort of entertainment I soon cheer up when I see Clay and Justin walk in. Already knowing their regular order, I make it and take it over to them. Whether they wanted to be alone or not I join them seems as I have zero other customers.

"So boys, why are you here so early. Jay, you're never awake before 7:30" I laugh.

"We're meeting Sheri" Justin answers shortly.

"Oh weird. Ok. I'll go then" I say pushing myself out of the seat next to them.

"No stay. You need to be included in this. Do you remember when Ryan asked you about the clubhouse? It's me who wanted the information" Clay comments.

I lower myself back into the seat. "Ok but why? Why do you wanna know about that place?"

"Someone has been leaving me these Polaroids. We don't know who the girl is in this one and I need to find out. We need to get into the clubhouse" He explains, quickly showing me the 2 pictures.

"And how do you think you're going to do that exactly?" Sheri says while taking a seat opposite the boys.

"With these, boom" Justin pulls out some bolt cutters and slams them into the table.

"Seriously? That's the plan. Put those away. We've gotta do this without them realizing we were even in there" Sheri scoffs.

"And we do that how?" Justin asks crossing his arms.

"I have an idea. I can get in there" I say realizing a simple way of getting into the little shack.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

Even when you try to do the right thing it can get you into trouble. High school can be messed up. People can get hurt. Hannah wanted people to know about that.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶