Chapter 25 - Physical Heroics Exams!

Izuku woke up with a start to his alarm. It was much more pleasant than Present Mic. But still not pleasant. Regardless, he quickly got changed and made his way downstairs, actually sitting with the class for breakfast. "Hey Izuku!" Mineta started, "Did you get to fe-" Mineta was abruptly cut off by a very powerful if short-ranged explosion from Bakugo. Izuku turned to Todoroki, and was going to ask what Mineta meant when he got patted on the head by the boy with red and white hair. 

Izuku pouted, but continued with the morning, talking to Iida and Todoroki about what they thought today's exam would entail. They figured that it would probably entail some combat, a decision regarding whether it would be better to fight or flee, whilst still considering damages and abilities. 

The trio walked to class, where they were instructed to grab their hero costumes and head over to the environment fields, where they met all the teachers standing in front. "So, you may be wondering what's going on, and why we're all here." Nezu said, popping out of Aizawa-sensei's scarf, "Well in short, your exam, will be fighting us teachers!" 

Several students at the lower end of the class began panicking, as Aizawa-sensei picked up where Nezu left off. "You have been put in pre-determined pairs and assigned to fight a teacher. You can pass by either placing a pair of these cuffs on the teacher in question, or have one of you go through the gate to pass. Of course, you will be graded individually. These assignments have been made at my discretion, taking into account your own strengths, weaknesses and interpersonal relationships. So Kirishima and Sato, you two are against Cementoss. Asui and Tokoyami, you two are against Ectoplasm. Ojiro and Iida, you guys will be fighting Power Loader. Todoroki and Yaoyorozu, you will be against myself." Aizawa-sensei went on to list all the other fights, before he got to Izuku and Bakugo. "Izuku and Bakugo. You will be against-"
"ME!" All Might announced. Both boys were incredibly nervous. "Furthermore, we will be wearing high density weights to add half our body weight, and ah that's really heavy hopefully this will slightly balance the playing field!"

"Fights will occur in that order, and you may watch or plan. Good luck, and Plus Ultra." Aizawa-sensei finished, lazily raising his fist. Most teams went together to make a plan, with only Uraraka not being able to easily discuss with their teammate. 

Izuku and Bakugo went off, and Izuku pulled out a notebook. "You planned for this shit?" Bakugo asked, already knowing the answer.
"Nope." Izuku replied, before flipping to a certain page, "I have a dozen plans for this. 2 primary, each leading into 5 fallback plans. So we run, or w-"
"We're gonna fight." Bakugo told him.
"Well, you're gonna have to follow my lead, but this is what we're gonna start with."

Eventually they returned to the main viewing room, where Uraraka already was. In there, they found that they had just missed Kirishima and Sato lose to Cementoss and were watching a giant Ectoplasm clone attacking Tsu and Tokoyami. Bakugo watched in silence whilst Izuku was writing in his notebook, primarily about the heroes in action. Occasionally he and Recovery Girl would talk about various strategies or she would tell them what was being said, but mostly she would be able to give insight as to why certain members were paired together. As Tokoyami and Tsu finished up, Izuku asked Recovery Girl something. "So, if I may ask, why were Kacchan and I put together?"
"Well, young man the two of you have a unique relationship, however as staff we have yet to see either of you in true action together, either against each other or working together. Furthermore, you both have great potential and as neither of you are overly reliant on your quirk nor do either of you have glaring flaws, we wished to push you to the top of your game." Recovery Girl explained. Izuku nodded, before turning back to the screen to see Iida and Ojiro's... interesting teamwork in order to outpace Power Loader's pitfalls, eventually passing after Ojiro was thrown through the escape gate.