Chapter 44 - Bakugo and Yaoyorozu: The power of love

Bakugo was not someone class 1-A would describe as a particularly loving person. Or kind. Or caring.

Yet there used to be one exception to that, notably Izuku, who he'd had quite a good relationship with.

And over the time he'd been at U.A Bakugo had simmered down somewhat, and had developed beyond a personality that screamed anger. He had become someone who, whilst quick to anger, was pragmatic, decisive, and for those close to him he was quite a good leader. His combat prowess was decidedly without question, and he along with Yaoyorozu, Izuku, Iida and Todoroki were undeniably on track to become the strongest students of U.A, if not of future top heroes. Sure they all had their issues, but they were definitely well on track.

One of the issues for Bakugo was, unsurprisingly, to be able to turn it down a little. Yaoyorozu needed to learn how to turn it up. It was kind of unsurprisingly how well they got along, especially after the first combat training. Amongst the first year students, they were considered a power couple.

And yet behind closed doors and to 1-A, they were so much more than this. 

It was evident the couple had an incredibly strong bond, and cared little for the other's strength. Despite this, they pushed the other to go beyond, to try harder, and to do better. Both trained more, together and apart.

Bakugo helped Momo with strength (and Bakugo would readily admit that Momo having had put on somewhat more muscle was kinda hot) whilst Momo helped Bakugo with his combat strategy and finer points of his technique (putting his fighting form closer to an art form to watch).

And they could only hope it paid off.

"Alright Momo, you can rest and I'll keep watch until it's time to head down," Bakugo said, standing next to the mentioned student.
"I-I can still help!" She rebuked, glaring at him.
"The confidence is good. The timing is bad. It's best for you to rest for now," He told her, glaring back.

The two glared at each other briefly, before Momo sighed and sat down. "Fine. But if I am even slightly a burden-"
"You'll do some shit. Now, I'm gonna get this party started, you wait here," Bakugo said as he retrieved a grenade from his belt. Whilst he was tossing it, Momo shuffled over to the faux air conditioning outlet and put her ear to it. 'It's functioning... strange. I doubt they would waste energy, so someone is or was in there,' Momo thought as she heard a rumbling throughout it. Occasionally there was a clanging, as though something was broken, but there was also scraping followed by a silence, and then more of the clanging. 'Is someone moving through there? It definitely seems like it...' Momo shot up and started to retrieve her book when Bakugo placed his hand on hers and gently squeezed it. "Save your strength. I fucking got this," He said, taking another grenade from his belt.

"What about the vent filter?" Momo asked, prepared to make a screwdriver.
"I'll just smash it with the grenade. Adds more oomph," He responded, winding his arm back to throw it hard through the metal. Momo covered her ears as the crashing sound of the metal being destroyed was heard, and the grenade went off soon after.

"What the?!" What sounded like a girl's voice echoed from within the vents, as another crashing and tumbling noise could be heard.
"Sounds like we got 'em." Bakugo said, and Momo nodded before sitting back down. Bakugo remained on guard, occasionally looking for the edge of the building to see the class taking out the other schools with their quirks and various attacks.

Whilst that was technically true temporarily, they both failed to notice the scraping and grunting noises from within. 

These noises sounded like claws digging into the metal, and two girls trying to work they way up.