25. Epilogue

Third Person POV
After the little "fight" with Jola, she never came back to school and Faithe never saw her again. As for Faithe and her step-mom, they never had arguments. Faithe kept her distance, her step-mom was actually the best. She went to the hostel in her school till she finished her secondary school education. She finished as the laboratory prefect and the best graduating student. James became the senior prefect, cause he's "responsible". He's already in Ukraine studying computer science, basketball didn't work out.

A year and half later.
Faithe's POV.
The day has finally come. My matriculation day. Step-mom got down alongside dad. "My baby is finally in UniLag." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Faithe, it's nearing two years since I came. I know it's really hard to accept that fact. I know I've done my best." She said holding my hand. I could feel and see the emotions in her eyes.
I should probably give her a chance.

I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry." I choked. I not crying today, I'm not going get my makeup ruined.

"I'm here for you." She released me.

"Gotta find Teni." Deep down, I was looking forward to seeing Bakare Tobi Joseph. I finally saw him after walking for fifteen minutes.

I saw a young woman laughing with him as he talked, she constantly placed her hands on his shoulder.
And he didn't push it off

I moved forward, "Hello Tobi, hello Tobi's girlfriend." The lady looked around and said "me?"
No o. The tree behind you.

"Of course." I answered with fake smile plastered on my face. Tobi was trying to keep the laughter in.

"Nah, I'm just his cousin. I'm married." She answered. "Gotta go now, Father needs me." She waved.

Tobi kept looking at me with that "so you don't trust me" eye.

"Oh, common. How was I supposed to know? Anybody could have done so, or worse." I said shrugging.

"Come here joor." He pulled me into a hug. "Nothing is stopping us now. You're officially my girlfriend and I'm..." He pulled me further, as if that was possible.

"Of course." I said laughing and we both walked to the hall. He started singing DJ Neptune's Nobody with his melodious voice, I wish he'd sing for me everyday.

Joeboy pon deck

Nkàn to ba , lo ma get ma (a )
Body on check check check
Atarò òmò you dey pepper dem a ah
Toyin tomato causing gobé o
Lepa jo wo ma me le ye

I don't wanna hear say
I don't wanna hear say you dey with another man...

😭😭😭😭
This book is over in less than two months. I have mixed feelings about this.
Another chapter will be up.