Chapter 2- Threats and Kidnaps

I started backing up. It was him. He was back. Jackson, the one person I hated more than anything. "So I see you have a child." He said glaring at Mason in my arms. "Actually I have 3 now I must get back to them." I said trying to take a step behind him but he just blocked it. "Oh I'm sure you can spare a few minutes." Jackson said smirking. "I came here to tell you something...just because the police are after me doesn't mean I won't stop at anything to destroy your family. One day they'll just be gone and I'm going to be here, waiting for you. Everything from all those years ago...that was just the beginning. You have no idea what's in store for you." He said. "Good bye my love. See you soon." He said putting a hand on my cheek and whispering in my ear before walking off. I stood there frozen. Mason stared at me with his big brown eyes. "I won't let him hurt you." I said to him and kissed his forehead. I shook of Jackson's threat and walked back to the park. I sat on the bench and watched my children play. "You make a great mother. You know that, right?" Carlos said sitting next to me. "Thanks." I said. "What took you so long back there?" Carlos asked. "I just...um...ran into an old friend from college." I said without thinking. I don't know why I didn't tell Carlos the truth. I wanted to but I couldn't. He shouldn't have to suffer because of me. "Can we leave soon. I'm tired." I said. "Sure." He said. About 10 minutes later we left and went home. Eleanor and Tyler ran up to their room and Carlos took Mason up to his room. I walked to our room and sat on my bed. I frowned. I couldn't stop thinking about what Jackson had said. What if he does hurt my family? No I can't let that happen. It won't. If Jackson wants to mess with my family he's going to have to go through me first. If he thinks he can just come marching back into my life, expecting to ruin it, he's wrong. Because this time I'm prepared and I won't let him destroy my family. "Hey babe. Mason's asleep; taking his nap." Carlos said walking in. He sat down next to me and I put my head on his shoulder. "What's wrong? You've been acting weird since the park." He said. "Carlos it's nothing." I sighed. "No it's not nothing or we wouldn't be talking about." Carlos said. "Now tell me what's wrong." He said. "Carlos- it's nothing I promise." I said. "No you don't. I know when something's wrong with you and something is." Carlos said sternly. "IT'S NOTHING CARLOS! LEAVE ME ALONE OKAY!? Just drop it." I yelled standing up and running out of the house. I ran past the oak tree- yes the one from when Carlos first bought the house- and out of our yard, down the street. I don't know why I burst and yelled like that. Maybe I was just stressed or didn't want him to know. I know I seem childish running but that's the only thing I can do. I needed to clear my head from this. I thought and cleared my head, humming the words to a song I had heard on the radio earlier. "Running away from your family? That reminds of when you ran away from your friends 10 years ago." Jackson said jumping down from a tree and landing in front of me. "Jackson shove off and leave me alone." I said shoving my shoulder into his and walking past him. "Oh I'm sorry, I don't believe I can do that." He said as I was gagged and my arms went behind my back. I tried getting free but it didn't work. "Sorry babe. But this time you aren't getting free. You're coming home with me." He said as he tied my hands. My head got hit with something and I passed out as a black van stopped.