Airplane

~TROYE'S POV~

I strode calmly through the airport until I reached the security checkpoint. Even after years of flawless airport travel, I was always worried that my fake papers would fail, or some old geezer working at the airport would recognize me with a different identity. It made me nervous just thinking about it. One small slip and I was sure to be in big trouble. The stress of not doing anything wrong at an airport is extreme for anyone, even families with small children who wouldn't possibly be doing any harm. With a small mistake you could easily be taken in for questioning, and I couldn't afford to do that. I nervously fidgeted in line waiting to be checked, but put up a calm front when I reached the front of the line. I knew that looking nervous would be suspicious, but I twisted my face to show a tiny bit of worry, matching the expressions of the people around me. Sometimes a straight poker face looked more suspicious than a nervous twitch, I had learned from experience.

After ages of security checkpoints and waiting in crowded gates, I finally boarded the plane. I recognized a few people from the gate I had been waiting in. For some reason I was very intrigued by a particular family, they had a small baby, a young boy wearing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle jacket, the kind that had the hood that pulled down to make you have the face of the character, a teenage girl with straight red hair and side bangs that covered her face, wearing an MCM shirt, bearing an unamused expression, and two very stressed out looking moms. I smiled to my self seeing how the family was just being accepted. But what really caught my eye was that when the girl thought no one was looking, she broke her untouchable facade and smiled and laughed with her little brother.

I was alone in the window seat of the plane when a nice looking lady with a baby sat next to me. I smiled at her as the baby started to cry. She looked at my sympathetically. This is going to be a long flight, I thought, but laughed at the irony. You would think time would just fly by for me, being immortal, but no, really it passed the same as everyone else's did, I just had to experience it a hundred times over. Four hour flights were still four hours, they still dragged on and on, but the hours didn't make such an impact on me.

I put my headphones in and started a playlist that would last at least four hours. My laptop had decades of music stored on it. Before the flight I had picked all my favorite songs. I as the plane took off, I noticed that I had started humming along to a particularly soothing song. I looked around to see if anyone had noticed, but thankfully only the woman seated next to me had. She was staring at me with a look of wonder. Suddenly thoughts flew through my mind. Oh shit, did she recognize me? Did I know her? Fuck fuck fuck. I took out my earplugs and looked at her.
"Is everything alright? I asked, trying to mask my panic.
"Oh yes, everything is fine. Better than fine! How on earth did you do that?" She asked excitedly. I wave of confusion swept through my mind.
"Uhm, do what, exactly?" I asked cautiously.
"You made Peter stop crying, and fall asleep!"
I thought for a second on what she could possibly be talking about. I glanced at the baby in her arms, who was now sleeping peacefully.
"Oh! The baby, um I don't know, are you sure it was me? You know, how made him fall asleep?"

"Yes! Yes it was you, he fell asleep the second you started to hum, I almost fell asleep myself, you have a beautiful singing, er, humming voice." She blathered.

"Oh, well I don't know how it happened ma'am. but thank you." I responded only to be polite, then pushed my earplugs back into my ears.

A/N
Omg so I wrote this all in a department store oops. You should read this because I'm enjoying it kinda. my mom is getting me a math tutor though ew. I'm on my way for a haircut so bye.

Comment/vote because I'm thirsty.
Xoxo~Eleanor