Chapter 3

Memory for the elements of power

I was making a potion for healing but I kept on messing up, Dang this is frustrating! I thought my desk was a mess and I had to keep looking at Ash's demonstration. Mrs. Moon looked at me, she walked over and began to help me.

Dusk and Spring were having trouble too. I looked at her and nodded my thank's it started to make a lot more sense now.

Finally, I was one of the first ones done and I gave the potion to Mrs. Moon to inspect. "Very good job, Flow." She said looking at me with a kind smile. I went to sit back down, Frost was done with her's, but Ash and Luna were still working.

Then I spotted Luna pull out some tufts of her hair and she put it in Ash's face snickering, "Hey!" he said while putting the black jewel in the potion.

Oh no. I thought looking at them. Ash through the fluff in Luna's potion, which I don't think would turn out very well. Luna's potion started to fizz and turn blue instead of pink which is the color of a healing potion.

Mrs. Moon got up and looked at Luna and Ash. Ash's potion turned orange now and bubbles arrived from it. Mrs. Moon slammed her paws on both desks making them both fall over and trip on the floor, the potions mixed and a big cloud of smoke covered the three.

Then the cloud of smoke went away and Ash, Luna, and Mrs. Moon were covered in the potion which stuck to their bodies. Ash and luna bowed their head at her in a flash, "Where sorry ma'am" they jinxed each other. 

Mrs. Moon's cold glare, turned into a big smile, "what's there to be sorry about? I think you just invented a new potion!" Ash and Luna lifted their heads and smiled too.

I looked on the ground where this all happened, then a black thing came out and went out the window, I looked in shock, and shook my head it must be an effect from that potion, I thought looking back up.

After class, I looked at Ash "what class is next?" I asked looking at him. "You have the class A1 or in other words the elemental class, with Tiger Sprint and Frost I have B6 which is the gym."

He looked at me sadly, "I will see you at lunchtime, bye" he looked at me and sighed and then opened the door that said B6 in beside it I looked through the window and saw a big in for gym, and another door with a label saying, "outside" next to it.

I sighed and went to my locker nothing said elemental stuff on it. I sighed and shut the door to the locker. I searched for a door with the label, A1 and opened the door. I walked in and I saw are teacher if I am correct her name is Mrs. Snow, which she was also a girl. 

I saw every other student in the classroom and I immediately recognized Spring, Tiger, Frost, and Sprint I sat next to Tiger, and Frost Sprint sat behind me.

The teacher looked a everyone, "welcome back everyone, for those who don't know me, I am Mrs. Snow, I teach you guys how to use magic with newcomers don't know how to use, but first, we will have to learn about it, Memory for the elements of power" her kind gaze went around the room, more sparks were here except for Spring who was an Enfield.

Mrs. Snow was a colorful Water Spark who had pastel blue fur and green eyes, she wore a leaf in her ear and had a scar across her cheek. "Now I have never talked about Memory for the elements of power before but here I am now."

Mrs. Snow paused "this is about the past of Hollowledgend and the Springfall Festival. the ones who created this were the seven elements" she looked at everyone in the room who were confused, she went on. 

"Fire, Water, Earth, Weather, nature, and...... we rarely mention this..." Mrs. Snow hesitated and looked at all the faces in the room, what's the seventh element? I thought there were only six. My mind swirled as I searched through my head for another element. Mrs. Snow went on, "...Darkmagic... They all created Hollowledgend and the Springfall Festival, Now Mr. Hop will talk about dark magic on to the elements"

Everybody sighed in relief that we changed the subject. "Everyone please stand up you will go with separate teachers I will be going with, Flow is it?" she looked directly at me and I gulped, "yes that's me" I staggered, "ok then Flow let me teach you to stay there" everybody in the room was gone with there teachers, it was just me and Mrs. Snow.

Mrs. Snow pulled out a plastic tub ware container filled with water, "You must know the basics first." She gave me a kind look and focus her attention back on the water. "water has memory, and takes the form of what you want it to, you can change the temperature of the water to boiling hot or freezing cold, you can even make it into ice."

Mrs. Snow looked at me, "There is one thing you do not do though, you can never use it for destruction, or your powers will be lost." She looked at me once again now farm your paws into a circle and close your eyes, focus on what you think the water is doing, and what you want it to do."

Mrs. Snow poked the water and it rippled, I closed my eyes and thought of it coming to me. "Now open your eyes" I did what she told me too and the water in the tub where the container was gone but instead was floating above my hand.

Mrs. Snow looked a heck of impressed, "Good, Now I want you to wave it back and forth, clear your mind of all thoughts" I did what she told me to do and I closed my eyes again.

"Now I want you to focus, think of ice-cold water." I could tell she was looking at me I opened my eyes again. Mrs. Snow touched the water and shook her hand, "now since the water, is it warm, cold, or hot?" she asked I sensed it and to my surprise it was hot.

I looked at her, "It's hot, but how come it's hot when I thought of ice?" I was puzzled she turned her head back to the water, "because if you think of ice you start to get cold, and to heat you up the water becomes hot." she looked back at me and gave a nod.

"Ok, try thinking of ice," I thought of the ice and sentenced the water, it was boiling hot. "good now think of normal water, what do you sense?" I thought of normal water, and I sensed warm water. "warm water" I said looking at the water and playing around with it.

"Now think of really hot water" I did and it became ice-cold, then I thought of boiling water and the water became a block of ice. "Now try to clear your mind again, then put the water in the container." I did what I was told, I sensed the water, it was warmish cold.

"Good." she gave a nod and put the water back where it was entering the tub. I turned around and the whole class came in and took their seats, "good job everyone! I am proud of you, class dismissed" I walked out of the classroom and went to my locker.