Chapter 16

The fight

I woke up to the chirping birds and then I opened my eyes.

I looked around I was the only one awake, I quickly nudged everyone Luna opened her eyes. "Flow? Oh yes, We need to go!"  She said.

Everyone else woke up and I passed out a snack, "Common we better get moving" Ash said.

We traveled for 3 hours now, Ivy was huddled in my backpack. "Hey Flicker?" Flicker turned around looking at Sprint. Sprint glared at her and I quivered, "Yes?" she answered. I could obviously tell that Sprint didn't trust her.

Out of the little group we have I knew Ash, Ivy, and Luna the best. Tiger never talks and mostly avoids others, Frost is kind but quiet, Sprint doesn't really talk either he is just there, and he is mostly calm in tough situations, I have only known Flicker for like a day or two and she isn't really expected as a friend by Tiger or Sprint and surprisingly Frost.

I turned around at Sprint and I started to shake my head at him kinda like saying, "Don't do anything bad or say." Sprint avoided my contact and he continued on.

"Flicker... have you had any experience with magic like, are you good at it?" Flicker looked at Sprint blankly. "A t-tiny bi-bit" she staggered, "Then how do you possibly think you can defeat a dragon?" he snapped.

I was shocked Frost went by Sprints side and nodded her head despite her kindness for others, it seemed to vanish under Sprint. Tiger just stared and sat down.

Flicker was deceived and then she shook her head, "But what if it's not true? I can still help you though!" She retorted.

Sprint glared and pulled his ears back in a snarl, "You are USELESS to this team! Useless!" Sprint howled. "Drop dead" He growled.

I pulled my ears back with the others and held my breath how the heck.... I didn't know what to think or say.

Finally Ash spoke, "She is not useless... We don't know what power she has or what she can do." He mumbled, Luna nodded her head in agreement so did Tiger. Somehow Frost was still on Sprints side.

Sprint snorted and walked faster ahead Frost scampering to keep up, Flicker sighed and sniffled. I wish could say sorry but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

A small tear arose from Flicker's face, Ash sighed and looked at them mostly at Frost knowing her weird choice. Maybe it is because she liked him, I thought for a moment then shook my head.

"How are we possibly suppose to defeat a dragon with no teamwork?" Luna remarked, Sprint's bad mood now made all of us in a bad mood.

I kept on going Ivy peaked out of my backpack whom just crawled in. "Do you think they like each other?" Ivy looked at Flicker, to Sprint, and then to me. Luna smirked at Ivy's question while Ash rolled his eyes.

Like everyone I felt an aray of feelings, nervousness, confusion, some others I can't explain. Ivy looked at Luna who was now laughing and the she went back in the backpack.

After a couple hours of traveling I set a place for camp, the day after tomorrow we arrive, a tiny bit of excitement fluttered in my stomach but then it faded.

After awhile when everyone was asleep I turned to Sprint who was surprisingly awake, "Sorry for my sudden outburst... I didn't mean it, can you tell Flicker I am sorry?" I smiled at Sprint then sat down.

"It's that if you do it. That's what counts." Sprint nodded his head, "What if we die?" Sprint asked, "we won't and I will make sure of it" I lay back down and slowly fell asleep.