Chapter 12

"What?" I repeat in the phone. Lissa, Sparky, Eddie, Christian and Dimtitri stare at me so i turn around. 

"Just come to my office and i'll explain." Alberta sighs through the phone and i leave the group and walk into her office, alone. 

"Why head guardian." I get to the point and stand by a chair.

"Sit, Rose." She smiles warmly.

"I'd rather not," I cross my arms across my chest and stare at her.

"Why do you need me?" I repeat my question.

"Rose, you are one of the best guardians i know, you are one of the most feared dhampirs in the world."

"Which makes me a worthy target for the Strigoi." I state. 

"Yes, but Rose... if the Strigoi know you are leading the guardians, they are going to be scared. They will stop making attacks and hopefully die out."

"That logic is not foolproof. If they think of me as the head of guardians, instead of lessing the attacks, thye will increase in number and force and they WILL invade the academy and they WILL try to kill me and the royal Moroi." My voice raises to a yell. 

"Rose, come on i need you." Alberta pleads with me.

"What' the difference to what i'm doing now?" I mutter.

"You'll have access to high security places, different uniform, different weapons and a higher respect point global. Your position will be global and broadcast across the world, hopefully catching the Strigoi's eye..." Alberta's voice fades into the background. 

"What about you?" I suddenly remember her status.

"I've decided to step down from the positon into a more safer enviroment as my health is... not as good as it used to be."

"When do i start?" I sigh. 

"Brilliant! You start as tomorrow, i'll come to your room at 6 - with your uniform and everything else. Then you will be stationed with Queen Vasilisa and Christian Ozera guarding them with Belikov." With that i walked out of the room and made my way to Chey's room. She's sitting there with a blank face staring at the wall with Lissa trying to talk to her. Lissa sits quietly on the corner of the bed, questioning Chey but recieving blank stares. Scanning the room, Belikov and Eddie stand by the wall making sure Chey doesn't cause any harm to Lissa. I close the door gently behind me and sit on the empty bed across from Chey. Without a word, she walks over to me. I cross my legs, leaning against the wall and she curls up into a ball shape along my legs. I can feel her shaking and reach out to stroke her hair. She presses her back into my stomach. Stroking her hair soflty, her body calms down and she slips into a peaceful sleep. 

"She's different when she's with you." I look up to see Lissa watching us. 

"Its strange." I look down at the sleeping from of Chey. Her small arms lack muscle and her curves contrast differently to her weakened form. 

"I feel like i'm watching a mum with her kid." Lissa whispers.

"I suppose its the instincts from being with Roxy." I flick my hair back from my face. Lifting her and twisting my body around, i lay her in the bed and straighten up. I walk out of the room and go straight to my bed. I flop down face-down on the bed and let sleep overcome me.

Ok guys, sorry for the late update but i'll try to put the next chapter up by tomorrow night. Thankx for the lovely comments!

Thanx xx