Chapter 2

"What is he doing here?" I hiss sweetly in Lissa's ear. 

"He's my guardian, so be nice." She whispers. 

"Ya know if you weren't my bestie, i would like kill you right now." I pull back from her embrace.

"I know." 

"Roxy do you want me to hold Lilly?" I ask Roxy and she gladly hands me the puppy. I put on the dogs lead and crouch down to the dog's level. Lilly is the most intelligent dog in the world, she's half Moroi and she understands everything I say. I'm her master. 

"Do not attck these people, they are good. Do not attack unless told to, be nice and listen to everything i say. Understood?" The dog looks at me with her big brown eyes and nods her head. 

"How does she.....?" Lissa raises an eyebrow. 

"She's half Moroi. Lilly take up guard position." I command the dog. 

"So, whats the situation?" I turn to Lissa. 

"You read my letter?" I nod. "Then you know, i don't like to say much about it." Suddenly Lilly growls and i rush to her. 

"What is it?" I ask Lilly. I follow her gaze and see a Strigoi start walking up the runway, from the forest behind it. Lissa gasps. 

"Eddy, duck." I calmly say. When he does, I pull out my stake and with a flick of my wrist, the strigoi is on the floor, dead. Dimitri, Lissa, Eddy and Christian look at me in awe. 

"What?" I walk towards the Strigoi and pull out my stake wiping his blood on his clothes. "Gross." 

I jog back to them and kiss Lilly's head as praise. "Good girl." 

"You'll need to add it to your marks." Lissa stutters out. 

"Thanks for reminding me Liss," I grin and pull my hair up into a ponytail. "Don't spend all day counting them!" I roll my eyes again and we get into a  car and end up at the court mansion. Roxy is sleeping peacefully sprawled along the car seats. I scoop her up into my arms and Dimitrti opens his mouth to ask me a question. 

"Save it Comrade." I snap and walk with Lissa through the gates. 

"Let me take her." Lissa offers and i hand her Roxy. 

"Rose Hathaway!" A familiar voice echoes through the main hall. Standing on the staircase is... Mason?

"Mason?" I stare at him. He runs towards me and swings me round and round in his arms before setting me down. "OMG I thought i wouldn't see you again!"  

"Rosie!" He winks at me. I slam him into the doorway. "Call me Rosie again." I threatened him. 

"Jeez what happened to you?" 

"I grew up." I coldly say. 

"Rose, we have to meet the other guardians." Lissa quickly says, sensing the tension. 

"I'll take Roxy." Dimitri suggests. 

"If you value your life, shut up." I don't bother to look at him. Luckily, Lissa steps in.

"Christian take her." 

"Yep Sparky." I call Christian Sparky because of his fire abilities. Lissa hands him Roxy and Lilly stays with me.

"Lilly can come." Lissa decides and leads me into the main hall. I let my long hair fall down freely not wanting to expose my marks just yet. The puppy growls at the people as she passes them. Conversations cease and eyes fall on me. I stand by Lissa as she takes her place at the thorne. 

"I've called Guardian Hathaway here because we need to learn more about the threat to our kind, the Strigoi. She's got first hand experience and is the most feared guardian that has ever walked this earth." 

"How do we know for sure?" A random voice calls out. 

"Rose, your neck." Lissa places a hand on my arm, i pull my hair up and turn around exposing my marks, all 600 of them. 

"Is that good enough proof?" Lissa's voice screams authority. 

"When do lessons start?" I turn back around. 

"Tomorrow, crack of dawn lessons divided into age groups. We will observe the first lessons. All guardians from the academy are to be called in and are required by the end of tonight. Any questions?" Silence filled the room. "Good." Lilly then growls through the room again. 

"Lilly?" Someone enters the room, another Strigoi. I immediately straighten up and hurl my stake at its heart and it pins the creature to the wall. I walk down the room to the monster pinned against the wall.

"Never do that again sweetie." Unbelievably its still alive. Just one hit and it could definitely be dead. 

"You like my manicure? Nice." The female Strigoi's eyes follow my hand looking at the shiny, sparkly nail varnish on my nails. 

"Is it Chanel?" It hisses. 

"I'll give you a closer look, look here." In one swift motion my fist hits her face hard with a crack and she falls apart, literally into a thousand pieces. 

"Are you ok Rose?" Lissa sounds worried. 

"Me? Hurt? I'm fine Lissa." I wrench my stake out of the wall and turn around. 

"I guess thats lesson 1 to the Moroi." I shrug my shoulders looking at the Moroi council.

"Rose, i'll take you to your room." Lissa rushes to me and we go to a massive room with a gigantic 4 poster bed and Roxy sleeping in the side of it. 

"Go get some sleep." Lissa uses her compulsion on me and i flop into bed and let darkness of sleep overwhelm me because tomorrow, is training day.

OMG guys this whole chapter is 915 words - not counting this- This was so much fun to write and i loved killing that Strigoi, so i need some more characters to add for my training guardians! Just Post i the comments your:

Guardian Name-

Age-

Description-

Who are you guarding for-

What You Wear-

I'll try update soon!! Tomorrow at about 11 or 10 

Love ya 

xxxxx