Chapter 8

Midnight: Those who reach the top merely encounter fresh new hardships. And the kids who have enrolled here will hear it countless times: Plus Ultra! To the boy who placed first in the preliminaries. Go ten million points!!

Izuku was doing his best to build resolve under the hungry eyes of everyone else.

Midnight: The time limit is fifteen minutes. The point value on each group's headband is worth the total point accumulation of each of the warhorse's members. And the one who will wear the headband will be the warhorse's rider! Think of them as a standard-bearer. Until the time is up, you'll all be fighting and stealing as many of each others headbands as you can! You may not equip your headband on any area besides above your neck! As more and more headbands are taken, maintaining control of the situation will become more and more demanding! And the most important aspect of our human cavalry game is that even if you lose your headband or crumble as a horse configuration, you're still not out of the game!

Yaoyorozu: So that means...

Y/n: With forty-two contestants, around ten-twelve horses will be on the field for the entire fifteen minutes.

Aoyama: Tiresome.

Ashido: In other words, there's no need to get antsy if your groups headband is taken once, right?

Tsuyu: But if you don't have your eyes on the breakup of the points everyone's gaining and losing.

Midnight: Quirks are of course allowed, so I want to see some fine brutality out there! That being said... This is still just a human cavalry battle game!! If you attack any other group with malicious aim of breaking them up, that's a red card and you'll be forced to sit out the rest of the game! All right, you now have fifteen minutes until then! Start negotiating team-ups!

Everyone began to scatter, looking for teammates.

Y/n: So do you want to team up?

Jiro: Sorry, but I want to take this chance to try and beat you.

Y/n: How come?

Jiro: You're just really strong, and I don't want to always rely on you like I did for the trial of battle.

Y/n: Well, if that's what you want. Good luck!

Jiro: Yeah, good luck!

She went to look for a team, leaving Y/n to think.

Y/n: Well now who do I team up with.

Just as he was thinking, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He looked and saw Todoroki.

Todoroki: Let's team up. I've got an idea.

Y/n: Sure!

He led Y/n to the others he planned to team up with and Y/n was impressed with the roster. There was himself, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Iida.

Y/n: Jeez, all of the recommended kids on one team? This is just cruel.

Yaoyorozu: What's this plan of yours Todoroki?

Iida: Yes, I'm interested to hear it as well.

Todoroki: The reason I chose all of you is because I think this is the battle formation with the best balance. I'll be on the right. I'll send out ice whenever someone tries to get close. Yaoyorozu, you're on the left. You'll be providing us with things to combat the cold, plus whatever defense and mobility you can provide. Iida, you're at the front with your engine power. You'll be our physical defense as well. L/n, you'll be our rider. You'll use your quirk to erase whatever senses you think suit the situation as you know best how to use your quirk. Than after erasing the appropriate sense, you'll take the headbands with little opposition.