Chapter 9

(Man, I really wanted to get this out earlier, but I've been busy with college. Well, either way, I hope you enjoy it!)

Kirishima: So it's a tournament, huh? We'll be standing on the same stage we see on tv every year!

Ashido: Oh, it was a tournament last year too? I forget.

Sero: The system changes a bit each year, but typically there'll be similar one-on-one competitions.

Midnight: All right, now I'll determine who fights whom through this lottery. Once the matchups are decided, we'll do a fun bit of recreation, then we'll commence!

Y/n: Lucky me! All of the side effects of my quirk will wear off! They were pretty much gone after lunch, but now they'll completely disappear. I should have no trouble beating everyone except Todoroki. Wait, why am I so convinced Todoroki will beat me?

Midnight: Whether or not the sixteen who will be competing want to join in on the recreation activities is up to you. Since I'm sure many of you will be wanting to take a breather to preserve your strength. So, starting from the team that placed first, let's determine the order-

Ojiro: Umm...! Excuse me, sorry! I'm sitting this one out.

Izuku: Ojiro! Why!!?

Iida: This is the place to show yourself off to the pros!!

Y/n only narrowed his eyes in confusion and slight disappointment.

Ojiro: Truth is... I don't remember anything that happened during the human cavalry battle up until the last few seconds. Probably due to that damn kid's quirk.

Y/n looked at the purple-haired boy who looked away from the 1-A students.

Y/n: His quirk must be mind control. But I wonder how it works...

Ojiro: I know, I know. I know this it's my big chance. And I know it's stupid to throw it away!

Y/n: Yet you're still doing it.

Izuku: Ojiro...

Ojiro: But this is the place that everyone earned by clashing at their full power... I wouldn't feel right standing here among you without even understanding how I got here... I just can't do it.

Hagakure: Don't worry about it, man! As long as you get results at this stage, it's fine!

Y/n: Agreed.

Ashido: Yeah, it's not as though I put in the most stellar performance either!

Ojiro: You don't understand...! This is my pride we're talking about here... I can't stand the thought of it! Also, why are you all still in cheerleader outfits...?

Y/n: Good question. I certainly don't mind.

One of the class B students, Shouda Nirengeki that was a part of the same horse as Ojiro spoke up.

Shouda: I don't remember what happened either... I want to abstain too! No matter how strong he may be, for a person who didn't' do anything to rise up would defeat the purpose of the sports festival!

Y/n: Great job at sneaking in a compliment for yourself.

Kirishima: Man, you guys... Are super manly!!!

Present Mic: Well this is highly unusual...

Aizawa: It all hangs on the referee's judgment. What Midnight will decide...

Midnight: How callow of you...

Y/n: It feels strange to agree with her.

Midnight: Greenhorns like you... Get all of my love!!! I hereby recognize Shouda and Ojiro pulling out!