Ending the fight...for now.

---------------------

Previously on Propitious:

"Let's see which one of us beats him first!" Asta challenged.

"You're on!" Yuno replied.

Leiana looked between the two and smiled. She slammed her palm and her fist together as determination coursed through veins.

"Let's end this fight!"

----------------------------

Leiana took a step towards the crystal user and narrowed her eyes at the gems in his body. She had also heard about the gruesome child experiments conducted in the Diamond Kingdom. She cringed just thinking about what kind of pain Mars had gone through. As much as she wanted to beat him for hurting her teammates, she couldn't help but feel bad for what he must've gone through. His rigid posture and cold eyes reminded her all too well of herself in the past. She clenched her fists, activating her spell, and sending red electricity coursing through out her body. However, despite her fearsome appearance, she looked at him with sympathy in her eyes.

Mars, however, looked at the knights with absolute disdain.  

"Weaklings..You're all nothing but pebbles for me to trample over foot." He murmured. 

"Crystal Magic: Army of Taros Dolls." He cast. Suddenly a plethora of crystal clones bust from the ground and charged towards the knights.

"Wha- He made so many at the same time!" Noelle exclaimed. 

"People like you have no value on the battlefield. I was born for the sole purpose of destroying weaklings like you." He said harshly.

Asta quickly brandished his sword, slicing multiple clones apart. "We're just pebbles, huh...Then try destroying me!" Asta challenged

"That was my goal all along." Mars replied. He suddenly appeared above Asta with his hand raised. The giant crystal sword appeared in the air with him and Mars prepared to swing down on the boy.

"Asta!" Leiana yelled.

However, Asta quickly steadied himself and managed to cut the sword into small crystal shards. He smiled triumphantly, but faltered when he saw the smirk on Mars' face. He looked down below him to see jagged crystal shards coming at him from all directions. His eyes widened as they got closer. He closed his eyes and braced for impact only to hear a familiar crack of lightning. Red mist filled the area and the crystals instantly shattered. Asta opened his eyes in surprise to see Leiana beside him, red electricity running through her body. 

"Heh, you say you'll defeat me, yet you're still being protected on the battlefield. Pathetic." Mars scoffed.

Leiana frowned and turned towards the man. "It's my duty to protect my teammates!" She yelled at him.

Mars recoiled at her words as memories flooded into his mind.

"It's our duty to protect the kingdom.."

"Shut up!" He yelled bitterly. 

Leiana winced at his harsh tone before turning to Asta and giving him a small nod. He smirked before turning towards the enemy once more. "Let's do this!" He yelled as he charged towards the man. Mars clicked his tongue and sent another wave of crystals towards Asta, but this time Asta was ready. He raised his sword to destroy them, but just before his sword came into contact with the crystal, Leiana cast a spell.

"Planetary Reinforcement Magic: Holy Rings of Saturn."  A golden light filled the room and a giant magic circle hovered over the group of knights. The light condensed into thick glowing rings that encircled everyone's wrists and ankles. His sword came into contact with crystal and not only shattered it, but shattered a good chunk of the crystal army around him.