Turning the Tides and Some Heads Along the Way.

****Long-ass chapter alert; read at your own discretion****

--------------------
Previously on Propitious....

As if on cue, a loud explosion detonated outside the building. The whole room gasped, just as a castle official burst through the door. "T-the capital is under attack!" He exclaimed.

Leiana grit her teeth and turned around to see the red-eyed man smirking at her. "Good luck, hehe." He giggled, before turning into a dark shadow and flying out of the window and onto the top of the castle. There he slowly shifted back into his human form and the smile melted off his face.

He narrowed his eyes in distaste as he surveyed the chaos that spread through the kingdom. "Hn, human's never change, do they." He muttered to himself.

He looked down at the burning capital and a smirk creeped on his face. "This will be the perfect test," His eyes gleamed.

"Let's see how much of a demon you really are, Leiana."

----------------------

Chaos quickly engulfed the room of Magic Knights as the reality of the disaster began to dawn on them. The fact that someone had gotten through the Kingdom's defenses and actually dared to attack the royal Capital was almost incomprehensible. However, the chaos in the room was unnoticed by Leiana as her mind raced at a thousand miles an hour. 

"..Why did he warn us? Is he going to try and kill me again? What did he mean by the perfect test" She wondered apprehensively. 

It wasn't until Fuegoleon called her name sharply that she finally snapped out of her daze. She looked around seeing that most of the other knights had already gone.

"Leiana!" Fuegoleon called again. Leiana instantly became alert and turned towards the captain.

"I want you to go with the Golden Dawn to the Eastern sector and search for civilians." He commanded.

The girl nodded and turned to leave, but stopped when Nozel placed his hand on her shoulder, stopping her.

"Stay alert. We still don't know if that man had a part in this, but we do know that he's interested in you for some reason. Do not let your guard down." He said sternly.

Leiana bit her lip nervously but still nodded firmly and ran out of the room. In her haste, she  missed the slight look of worry etched on Nozel's face.

"Be safe..." He murmured, before turning away.

——————————
Leiana stepped out into the Castle Town and her mouth hung agape at the site of the city The sky seemed tainted red and decomposed zombies wandered the streets, terrorizing and killing people. Fires erupted all around the city as the undead beasts caused more havoc to the city. From her position, Leiana could see Klaus and other Golden Dawn members fighting a horde of zombies who had cornered a group of civilians. She instantly broke into a sprint, opening her grimoire and casting a spell.

"Planetary Magic: Solar Scatter Shot!"

Several golden magic circles appeared behind her shooting bright beams of golden fire at the zombies. The beams pierced their bodies and set them alight, reducing them to small piles of ash.

"Leiana!" Klaus exclaimed.

The girl turned to the group of knights and gave them a sheepish smile.