Chapter 18 : Aroused

Venice Claire's POV

After I finished running in the woods, I was tiring myself for almost 5 hours but still I remained tireless as if I did nothing but rest, damn. I wanted to feel pain, I wanted to torture myself... I wanted to tire myself but nothing happened. Again, I'll be sleeping at Xenon's but the lust and the thrill to claim him is dominating me. I thought torturing myself from a vigorous workout would make the feeling less but it was still the same.

I'm afraid that I would do something to Xenon but I'm just hurting him if I keep on avoiding him... still, the fear that I might hurt him one day remains. This feeling of fear is the least I expected after I was tortured for many years but because of Xenon, those feelings that are far beyond expected had come true.

It is now the middle of the night but I don't know whether I should head to Xenon's place or not. However, my feet were taking me to his place and so I decided to go there.

Zoey was in the dormitory with Cassy and Drena so I don't have to worry for the two because Zoey was there to protect them. Ever since that Julius and Emma came, I was more vigilant for my friends.

I called them friends because they considered me their friends, I never had friends before and I feel protective over them. I cannot deny that to myself, my actions were changing in many aspects when they came to my life. The emotionless and lifeless me is now having a purpose, before it was only to protect Mom and my brother Carlo but now, I have Xenon and my friends to protect.

When I reached the Insigma Fighters Mansion, I climbed up the window since it's most convenient for me because it is midnight. But when I reached the window I was surprised that it's open. Xenon doesn't leave his room open to danger, he always locks his window, even his room but now I was surprised that it is open in the middle of the night.

There were many possibilities running inside my head. But I sensed no danger inside the room despite the light off, the night was quiet and calm, I even sensed no fear radiating from the distance that my senses could reach. With emotionless composure I headed inside the room but I stopped when I sensed someone in the corner of the room and despite the darkness I knew who it was.

"Where did you come from?" He asked, his voice was evident of anger and somehow my heart skipped a beat. Not in fear, but with the thought that the man I love is here with me in one room.

Damn, he is the only one who can make me feel like this and a part of me like this changes however a part of me is making me vulnerable emotionally because of these changes.

"I ran some errands." I simply answered as I continued walking and headed to the bathroom ignoring my systems running wild because of him.

Xenon must have hated me because of my actions towards him but I am just me, I cannot change myself despite the effects he had on me. It's not that I cannot change myself, I chose not to, I cannot let these feelings dominate me or the monster would wake up knowing that we are alone in a room.

I undressed myself and let the water shower run cold to my body. I was not satisfied with the cold and so I adjusted the temperature lower and colder as I avoided myself thinking of him... of Xenon. My heart still keeps beating uncontrollably fast but I stayed in the shower until my system came back to normal.

Damn, I just heard his voice and I was so aroused. This isn't good.

After I took a shower, I put a towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom. I dared not look at Xenon but sensed him lying on the bed. His breathing was calm and steady which I concluded, he fell asleep. I headed to the closet but through my peripheral vision, I saw some clothes on the edge of the bed.

When I looked at it, it was my sleeping garments. I felt my heart softened by that gesture as I gazed at Xenon who sleeps soundly. He must have prepared it when I was in the bathroom. I guess he waited for me to finish taking a bath but he fell asleep.

I then turned to look at the window which was already locked and realized that he was really waiting for me all night to come. I thought he was mad at me because I was cold to him when I came but instead he prepared my clothes.

I bit my lip and proceeded to the bathroom to change, after then, I went to bed and laid down beside him. Even with the dark ambiance, the moonlight gives me a chance to stare at Xenon's face. He looks tired and uneasy, I could see that he has been facing a problem lately, and it was me, I was his problem. I gave him burdens because of my fear for the unknown, because of the monster inside of me.

And I knew... that bigger problems are about to come. That is what I should be fearing right now, and I should spend my time with the man I love because tomorrow is unknown.

I have to prepare for a bigger battle.

I hovered closer to Xenon and hugged him not so tight or I might wake him up, just softly. I then took a deep breath and felt the comfort I've been longing for. His enticing scent is like my home, I sighed, I'm so addicted to my drug... and he is my drug now.

I felt Xenon moved as he pulled me tightly to him leaving no distance between us and hugged comfortably. I then felt him kiss my forehead and he released a sigh of relief.

"No matter how late you are, just always come home to me, love... I will always be waiting for you." I heard him whisper hoarsely as he went back sleeping.

He must have been so tired but his words remained in my head like an echo making me speechless.

******** A/N : viona99 ********

Thank you so much for reading my book!

Do you like this chapter?

Please vote and give your comments. I highly appreciated it.

And please don't forget to follow me at @viona99. Or at my FB PAGE: Author Viona99

Lovelots!