Nagare Hisui (K Project) *Nightmares*

Everything was going according to plan. Nothing could stop Nagare from successfully passing on the slate's power to every human being. The blue king was weakened as he hoped from burdening the power. The red king was out of commission. The silver king still fighting Sakuna and his clansmen was fighting Yukari. Nothing could stop him from making it. Iwafune had just cleared out the last hole needed to pass through and Nagare was swiftly making his way through the building. He knocked down anyone in his way and as his green lightening flickered in streams across his body, his movements were fluid.

"Stop him at all costs!"

Members of the blue and red clan were doing everything to bring him down. Nagare became so engrossed by the fight, he found himself amused and smiling. His hair flowing effortlessly around his defined features. The sly glint in his eye showed he knew he would win this battle. The tendrils of electricity enhanced his body and mind.

"I am the green king. The world as we know it deserves every chance to experience the life changing abilities of the slate. It is not your place to take this opportunity from them!"

He spoke calmly as he fought without a care. At this point it was as if he was just taunting them. Bodies dropped to the floor, cries and moans of pain from the wounded echoed down the halls, and screaming of what little reinforcements they had left could be heard approaching. They wouldn't make it in time. Or not without being stopped by Iwafune in the process.

"N-Nagare..."

The voice that called out to him was faint and weak but familiar none the less.

"Help..."

The parrot on Nagare's shoulder squawked and flew around. Nagare's gaze followed the bird to an area of clumped up unconscious and wounded bodies. Nagare approached the voice, the green lightening wrapping and coiling in slow waves across his figure. With a bored expression, that didn't hold, he found who had called out to him.

A whisper of a gasp escaped his lips and his eyes widened in shock and despair.

"(Y/n)."

Your name rolled off his tongue like a velvet carpet or smooth jazz. Easy to hear and enchanting to the senses. He dropped to his knees beside you, pulling your head gently to his lap. You coughed and winced in immense pain.

"What has happened to you?" He asked aloud as his eyes raked across the beaten and bloody figure.

Your lips moved but no sound would come out of them.

"(Y/n)?"

Kotasaka, the bird, squawked sadly, "(Y/n) is.... dying..."

Nagare regarded the bird's words as false and refused to believe it.

"Who did this to you (Y/n)?" His voice cracked as he said your name, tears threatening the edge of his usually stoic eyes.

And just like before your lips moved and no sound came. He pulled you closer, bringing your lips beside his ear in an attempt to hear you better.

"Y-you did... Nagare."

The words pained his heart to hear aloud. He didn't. There's no way. He shook his head very softly.

"No. I-I didn't. I would never. I-"

How could he ever harm you? He cared about you too much. Your eyes began to dull as color drained from your face.

"N-Nagare..."

Your (h/c) hair was damp with sweat.

"(Y/n) no. You can't leave. You can't die. We have to see our new world together. The world you've helped me build (Y/n)."