Chapter 22

I walk into my first class to see Jungkook's not here yet, so I just sit my things on one of the back desks anyway...

"Hey slut."

I ignore the words, thinking it's not about me until they repeat...

"Hey hoe! I'm talking to you."

I look up at a few desks in front of me to see Jeelu and her friends staring back at me.

"Oh! Look what I have on my phone here!"

She shows me her phone screen, so I try to squint to see what it has on the tiny screen...

It's Jungkook and I standing close together by the bleachers on Friday...

I stand up from my desk and walk over to her with confidence and anger.

"So you were the one that took the photos! Does it really make you happy to take photos of your crush being with another girl?"

She tries to act innocent, but it's all a lame act...

"Where did you get the idea that I even like him?"

"Because you told me false things about him just so I would stay away and let you have him."

"Oh sweetheart, I was really trying to protect you. No matter what I said, you still ended up in his trap. At least...that's what the whole school will think."

"What?"

"You don't get it yet? I'm going to post these photos and caption it something like, "Leera's the newest slut at this school. Watch out, Jungkook will get your next girl." How about that?"

"Why you little..!"

I lunge myself at her but am stopped by someone holding onto my waist from behind...

"Oh look. How sweet. Jungkook is here to save the day."

"What's going on here? What'd you say to make Leera want to throw herself at you like that?"

"Oh nothing.."

She starts typing away on her phone, making me nervous that she could be posting it.

"She took the photo of us on Friday and now she's going to tell the whole school to watch out for you."

"That's it? Everyone already does that."

"She called me a slut too and-.."

"That rotten b*tch."

He lets go of me so he can go and take her phone away from her.

He then immediately drops her phone on the floor before smashing it with the bottom of his shoe.

"What are you doing?!"

"I'm helping you keep the image of the biggest slut in school, Jeelu. You're welcome."