Chapter 53

Jungkook POV

As soon as I enter math class, I hurry to grab a random seat in hopes that Leera isn't here to see me...

I came here to purposely see her, but now I've turned into a wimp...

Once lunch approaches, I also hurry to get my food and sit at a random table.

My heart sinks when I see her walk to the food line.

Her head turns to start looking around the cafeteria, so I duck and hide under my table...

I sigh as I realize how ridiculous I'm being
right now...

My heart starts pounding as I see feet land next to me...

The legs that sit down at the table though aren't Leera's, but they are someone else's that I don't want to be seen with...

"What are you doing down there, Jungkookie?"

"Shh! Go away..!"

I shove her foot in attempts to make her get away from me...

"It's like you're suddenly hiding from someone. Want me to deal with her for you?"

"Nononono!"

I grab her ankle now that I actually don't want her to have the chance to leave at all...

"Oh Jungkookie, come sit up here with me."

Ugh I'm trapped...

If I went to the boys' table, then I'd be forced to sit with Leera. If I stayed here, she would see me with Jeelu and that'd just add to my guilt. If I left, then Jeelu would have the chance to tell Leera everything...

I don't like any of the options!

"I'm just going to go.."

I get up from the table and make my way towards the boys' table anyway, but I end up chickening out when I get close...

My feet eventually lead me back out to the hallway.

I force my eyes shut as I can't control anything inside me besides that...

"Jungkookie, what happened?"

"Leave me alone please.."

I lean against the wall, trying to gather my courage to go back into the cafeteria...

"Did I do something wrong?"

I just keep my eyes closed and ignore her as much as I can...

Lips land on mine though, making me instantly come to my senses.

I push her away as fast as I can before looking back and forth through the hallway to see if anyone's nearby...

Does she think she can just do anything to me now?