I'm Sorry

I was picked up and carried bridal style up the stairs slowly.

"I'm sorry baby. I was...I was trippin'." He told me. He kissed my cheek as I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head.

ROC

Is she dead? I did NOT intend to kill her...I didn't mean to-....my baby...Her body swayed lifelessly in my arms. She was badly bruised...I took her to the bathroom and ran hot water. She laid on the floor, motionless. Once the tub was full, I took off her bra and panties, and I put her in the bath tub, taking the ponytail holder out of her hair. I put it around my wrist and cupped my hand in the water, throwing water on her face. She moved her head as her eyebrows drew together. She groaned.

JOJO

He's abusive....Is there even a God? If there is then why in the hell am I going through this shit?! 😐 I read the Bible! I go to church occasionally! He left the bathroom and closed the door behind him. I looked down at my body and spread my fingers apart. I then started to move my body slowly. Nothing broken....Good. I slowly got out of the tub and stood in the mirror and stared at myself.

"Fucking ugly..." I frowned slightly and dabbed the puffiness of my cheek with my middle finger. Bruises above my chest, on my thighs, my stomach, my back..shoulders, and a small cut diagonally underneath my eyebrow to the corner of my eye.

"You're not...Look, baby...I'm sorry..I-"

I put my hand up to pause him. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself.

"Please don't talk to me....I just...need to lay down..."

ROC

She walked past me slowly and went into my room, dropping the towel on the floor. She pulled down the sheets and climbed on the bed, covering herself up. I heard crying...
She laid there with the sheets covering her body in the front, but from the bathroom I could see the bruises on her back. I walked into the room and pulled the sheet up to cover her back. Her body was shaking as she gripped the handful of my sheets she had in front of her chest. A tear ran from her eye, down to her nose and down her other cheek. She stared at the wall.

JOJO

He left the room and closed the door behind him. I laid there...silently. He came back. My eyes stayed glued to the wall. I heard him close the door behind him and walk over to a chair. He sat down in it and I felt his eyes on me. I listened to the clacking noise of stress balls rotate in his hand. I closed my eyes. The sound of ocean waves filled my mind along with a warm breeze and tropical birds. I remember nights at home when I couldn't sleep, I'd put in a cd filled with nothing but tropical sounds. A small smile formed on my lips.

I'm not going to go to sleep. I will not embarrass myself again, and I for damn sure don't want him doing things to me that he'd regret. I can't control it... Wish I could.

"Jo..." He said.

My first night in this house and I've already experienced molestation and abuse. Next I'm probably facing rape and death. On top of that, he says I'm miles and miles away from home. I don't know where I am, Its cold, and I have nothing but shorts and a t-shirt to wear. I'm being watched when I'm in the shower, I'm being cut when I go to sleep, not to mention that I don't know what the fuck is inside of me. I've been put to sleep with chloroform and he has syringes full of shit he promises to use on me when I get aggressive.

"I know you're woke." He told me.

"..."

He got up. I turned and looked at him, gripping the sheets and holding them close to my body.

ROC

She began to shake her head. She started crying and pleading for me not to touch her. She asked me to stay away. I made her scared of me...I didn't mean to.

"Look, I just want to fix your cuts and bruises..I promise I won't do anything. I hate being told no, and if you tell me no then I'm going to have to strap you to the bed."

She looked at me with her big brown eyes and hesitated at first. She slowly laid back down without breaking eye contact. Her body started shaking all over again. As soon as I touched the sheets, she flinched and held them in her hands tighter.

"Just let me-.....I won't hurt you, Jojo."

Her lips shook slightly as she frowned. I could tell that she was about to start crying all over again. She honestly thinks that I'm going to hurt her? I love her..She looked over at the wall to try to ignore my presence. Tears ran down her cheeks. I pulled the sheets down slowly, exposing her body. Her hands went straight to her private area. She covered it and clamped her knees together. I left to go get everything I needed.

JOJO

He came back and stared at me for a minute. He brought my face up to look at him, and he disinfected a cut on my face. I trailed my eyes to look somewhere else.

"You can look at me..you know. I won't hurt you. Stop acting like I'm just this....crazy ass psycho path."

You are.

He leaned down and kissed my cut. He kissed my chin and my shoulders, above my chest and my stomach. He kissed every one of my bruises which made me somewhat uncomfortable, but at the same time I liked the attention. He kissed my sides and my thighs, and then he sat back up and looked at me.

"I love you...so much more than you think I do.." He told me almost as soft as a whisper.

Then why did you just beat my ass? 💀