Around 12/18

Where She Knows It's not the same

When it's so festive and everyone's happy and talking about their loved ones I can't help not noticing the ache in my heart, the restless nights and the dark looming thoughts. 

Yet somehow those dark thoughts aren't dark anymore, all is there are the good past memories. 

The memories of when 

She Smiled 

Where her tiredness never showed 

Her curly hair was beautifully flowing past her neck 

Her age was just a number and not her 

She made me smile just looking at her 

I used to think that those presents under the tree represented how much your parents loved you, how hard they worked for you, how they wanted you to be happy. Yet as I grew and the presents shrunk I realized that wasn't it, maybe my parents did love me but they seem so distant now and so far out of range. Those presents weren't how much they loved me, it was their time and attention I always tried to cling to. 

Less and less of their time was for us kids and it left a gaping hole in our hearts, so the holiday was the time we spent together, and even that become slim. 

The reason I loved the season was because of her, we used to watch those sappy Christmas romance movies together. Now that is gone and I can't bring myself to watch them for long.

The holiday is yet again changing for me. 

That's all for now thanks and goodbye beautifully cruel world.