Chapter Two

I woke up in my bed so I guess Steve carried me home. I slid out of last night's clothes into one of my white tank tops and put on a DX shirt tying it at the bottom. I could hear the gang outside my door, how late was it. "Hey sleepyhead". Darry said messing up my hair. "Ya, you've slept an hour longer than normal". Soda said as he poked his head out of the kitchen. "Steve brought you home around 9:00 you were out cold, I don't blame ya it was stressful yesterday". He said coming out and squeezing my shoulder before heading back to his bedroom. "Wow, I didn't even notice it feels like I haven't slept late normally I'm extra tired when I sleep late". I said rubbing my head and walking into the kitchen I wasn't hungry so I helped Darry put dishes away. "The rest of them are out front in exception for mr mouse over there". He said pointing behind him smirking I added a little giggle. I slid out the front door and sat on the steps while the boys tossed the football around. "Hey, took you long enough to wake up". Steve said as he came over and sat next to me. "Hey thanks for bringing me home Darry woulda skinned me if you didn't". I said resting my head on his shoulder. Nobody found this out of the ordinary they were all like big overprotective brothers to me and plus everybody's always known I've had something for Steve nobody ever took a stuff out of proportion because they knew I could fight just as well maybe better than all of them. "You gonna stop by the DX tomorrow". He said looking over at me. "Ya I might dunno if pony's coming so I'll bring a blade just Incase. We all know that's where the socs like to prowl if I see that Bob ima kill him for what he did to Johnny". I said lifting my head up. "Easy tiger, you know I'm not letting you near no soc's". He said laughing. "Aw Steve you take the fun out of everything". I said slapping his knee. "If it keeps you safe the so be it". "You sound like Darry". I said standing up. "Aw cmon don't be like that". He said looking up at me. "I'm going over to practice tackling since it's the only thing I can do around you". I said walking off to join the others. I'm real good at football I get it from Darry he's like a legend when It comes to football. But the only thing I'm allowed to join in school is track. "Woah woah watch out she might kill ya with her tackles". Steve said pulling pony back by the collar of his shirt as I ran past. "Nice job Steve taking the fun out of it". I said laughing as I tossed the ball towards Dallas. Soda came out to join us and we all had a little game against each other. "Like always y/n and Darry one we gotta stop letting them be on a team together". Steve said catching his breath. "You gotta stop betting your money on it now cough up the ten cents". Darry said putting his hand out. "Fine, you have my word". Steve reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out the money. "And with that let's go get ice cream". I grabbed the ten cents out of Darrys hand and pulled Steve away from the rest of them while they went inside.
*Ten minutes later*
We finally got our food and we found a seat near the back.
"So Steve Randle hows it feel to be paying for ice cream for the fifth time this week". I said smiling and biting into my sundae. "I feel like if you keep winning you ain't gone get no more ice cream cause I ain't gone have no more money.'' He said smiling. "I'd let you win but Darry would disown me." I said smiling and sliding the sundae over to him. We finished up the sundae and started home. "You ready for the rumble this tomorrow". He said smiling with his hands in his pockets. "Am I ever, Dallas and Darry never seen me fight so hard in my life till now. Nearly knocked Dallas out when he walked the wrong direction while I was sparring with Darry". Steve wrapped his arm around me while I giggled. We finally made it back to my place and we went our own ways, maybe he did feel something for me...maybe this was meant to be.