Chapter Twelve

"WHAT THE HELL!" Darry said from the doorway. "D...Darry". I said trying to keep calm. "YOUR GONNA DROP OUT!" He was furious. "Dar-Darry you need to calm down". Steve said I could hear just as much fear in his voice. "NO THIS AIN'T YOUR KID SIS, AND YOU NEED TO LEARN TO STAY OUT OF CONVERSATIONS YOU AREN'T WELCOME IN!" He grabbed the collar of Steve's shirt and shoved him out of the room half slamming him into the wall. "DARREL WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!" I was furious now. "MY PROBLEM OH DON'T, EVEN GET ME STARTED, YOU THINK THIS IS OKAY RUNNING OFF WITH YOUR SECRET LOVER. YA I KNOW ABOUT YOU TWO, AND DROPPING OUT OF SCHOOL!" I was balling I couldn't even stand to look at Darry the sight of him made me sick to my stomach. "You wanna know something Darrel Shyanne Curtis Jr. your name says Jr. for a reason because your not my father, and when you wanna learn to treat people like human beings INSTEAD OF LIVING YOUR LIFE THROUGH THEM BECAUSE YOU FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF, THEN GOD DAMN IT THEN I'LL LISTEN UNTIL THEN HAVE FUN WITH ONE LESS SIBLING CAUSE THIS AINT MY FAMILY NO MORE". I shoved him out of the way and bolted out the front door I ran all the way to the DX and slid the hidden key into the door hiding in the garage. I grabbed a DX shirt that was hanging up and slid into the car me and Steve had been working on earlier I planned on staying there for the night then going further away in the morning. I finally fell asleep now I just had to make sure I could escape before Soda and Steve got here.

The Morning

I woke up and it was still dark outside but it was cold and humid I could tell it was morning. I slid out the front door of the DX and started walking I made it to town square when I stopped by a local diner for breakfast. Thank god I had some cash in hand because I was starving. I got some pancakes and scarfed them down and left after paying. I sat in the library one of the few things open this early and pondered what I could do for the day. I didn't want to leave Tulsa but I didn't want to go home till Darrel learned his lesson so I planned on staying in town square since nobody came down here. I marked off places I couldn't go like the lot the park the dingo the DX and the drive in. Pony wasn't allowed to go to the movies for a while since the last time he got jumped so I knew I was safe there and movies were good ways to pass time. I watched two before I noticed I was hungry again. I walked back around town square when I heard a familiar voice.