Prologue: Venus

Once upon a time, Earth was a world ruled by factions of aliens and humans vying for power. After centuries of war, life as humans knew it began to return to normal. For the most part, they co-existed peacefully with the otherworldly beings that once tried to conquer their planet. Some countries integrated them into their lives, albeit politically or socially, while others drove them out in hordes.

It took almost 200 years until a sense of normalcy could be found on Earth again. Rebellions occasionally formed to drive out the aliens from the planet, but these beings now had political and social protections. Many of such protections came from the bonds formed between aliens and humans. Bonds that most "pure-blooded" aliens found repulsive.

That is, unless the human was worthy enough to be trusted and included as a part of Arcturium.

Few aliens believed in Arcturium anymore, as most had assimilated after centuries of mixed marriages, schooling, and friendships. Others, like Opaleian and his entire family lineage (with one exception), distanced themselves fully from the humans and calculated their every move in order to one day reclaim the power of Arcutirum alliance in his family's name, and take over the world by building a pure dynasty.

The work was difficult. It required a deep understanding of the humans in mind, body and soul.

For this reason, and after much trepidation and unsuccessful deterrent from his two associates, he made the decision to try a new war tactic to infiltrate the humans.

It was time to...take a wife. A human wife. And he had his eyes set on the most beautiful of them all. He didn't know much about her, except her name.

Isabella.