𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

Sejeong jolted awake, sitting up as she tried hard to catch her breath. Another nightmare for the umpteenth time that month. 

She always woke up in pain or feeling sad and she wasn't having any of it. She loved sleep but was baffled at her predicament. She couldn't even sleep in class which really drained her.

The digital clock on her table read a little past five, perfect time for her to get ready. She took a quick shower and took a banana for breakfast. She headed off first, knowing that Donghyuck didn't have morning classes. 

Sejeong sighed as she got on the bus. It had been about three weeks since school had started yet she couldn't find the Jisung guy. 

"Hey Doll." A guy called. He pushed his messy blue hair back with a playful smile. 

"Me?" She asked, pointing to herself.

"I don't see any other pretty girl here with us." He answered, getting up. "I don't think you should be standing. You can take my seat."

"I appreciate the thought, but you had the seat first. It's only fair." Sejeong refused. He didn't listen to her at all and still had her sit. She noticed the logo on his vest. "You go to Neo College too?"

"I take med. Gotta put being a life mage to use, right?" He chuckled. "I'm Na Jaemin. I'm in my third year." 

"Kwon Sejeong, an art major in my first year." She awkwardly introduced. If this guy was sociable, then probably she could get some information out of him. "Is it alright if I ask you something?"

"Of course, Doll! Is it my number? Or perhaps..." He leaned down close to her, but the girl was unfazed. "Is it me you want?"

"In your dreams flirt." She huffed. "Do you know someone named Park Jisung? He's a first year like me but I'm not sure what his major is." 

Jaemin's smile seemed to fade, intriguing the girl even more. He shifted awkwardly in his position. "What's your reason?"

"Reason? Well, I kind of ran into him the other day and I just want to befriend him. You seem like a social butterfly so I thought you'd know." Sejeong answered. 

"This is my stop. I'll see you around, Doll." He said, leaving her hanging. 

"Why is everyone in the college so cryptic? It's not like I'm asking for the answer of behind all of life." She sighed. 

🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

"Why don't you just draw me for your final project? I'm something you should treasure." Donghyuck suggested.

"I'll consider it when you let me take your car out for a drive." Sejeong brushed off, continuing to look at the photos she recently took. It didn't sit right with her to draw family or money just to look kind. 

She wanted to find something worth capturing with her hard work. 

"I'm just gonna draw myself because I love myself." Renjun boasted, brushing his hair back rather arrogantly. 

"That's minus points for being ugly you know." Chenle teased, throwing a fry over to him. He just smiled innocently despite his older friend's glare. 

"Have you ever experienced getting hit by lightning?" Renjun jeered. His hand was relaxed, but anyone could hear the crackle each time sparks flashed between his fingers.

"I don't know. Have you ever been crushed by a boulder?" Chenle retaliated. 

"I'll be heading off first. Bring my bag to class, powerbank." Sejeong excused herself from the table and made her way out of the cafeteria. 

"See you after school." Donghyuck waved goodbye, ignoring the war going on behind him. 

She decided to look for some inspiration around the campus since the place itself was pretty aesthetic. She took pictures of things that she could use as references and of candid scenes that seemed useful. 

The rooftop of the Arts building was the last on her list. She noticed that the view of the school garden seemed better up there. 

"Excuse me." A student called out to her. His smile was contagious and reminded her of a fox. "A friend of mine told me to give this to you."

"Oh um, thank you?" She squeaked, flustered at the encounter. He handed her the same red flower she had been finding in her locker for the past week. He left before she could ask him anything else.   

Sejeong finally made it to the rooftop and was in awe of the view. It looked like a scene straight from a painting from above, capturing the candid moments of students enjoying their break. It looked almost timeless. 

Youth. She should capture the joy of youth for her project.

She was about to leave when she spotted someone sitting at the very edge of the ledge. It looked somewhat odd to see him there yet it suited the scene perfectly. She took a picture, the click loud enough to catch his attention.

"You can see me?" He questioned, eyes wide from shock. "This human can see me?"

"Um, of course? Last time I checked I had 20/20 vision." She sassed, rolling her eyes. She took a closer look at his face and recognized him. "Hold on, you're Park Jisung?

"Depends on who you are and what you know about me." He answered. 

"I'm Kwon Sejeong, the girl who you left at the cafe after returning your wallet." She reminded, pointing to her name tag. 

Instead of listening to her, he seemed to have been staring "Did you pick that or did someone give it to you?"

"Oh um... A secret admirer gave this... I think." She responded hesitantly. 

"Do you know what that flower means?"

"No?"

Jisung's gaze was lost in the distance, locking onto a certain group of students. The flowers around him seemed to wilt away, including the red flower in her hand.

"Not all flowers mean love." He warned, looking at her through the corner of his eyes. "And not all people have positive intentions. I'm sure you've noticed, but I don't exist here."

"Ah, I'm sick and tired of all of you being cryptic. I may not be a mage but I can pack a punch." Sejeong groaned. He watched her with much amusement, jumping back over the fence and onto the rooftop. 

"Interesting, but I think you should leave while you can."

"Really now?" She pondered. She walked up to him, unafraid of the height difference they have. "If I decide I want something, I'll do my best to get it. Lucky for you, I decided that I want you to be my friend."

Jisung didn't back down either. Instead, he stepped more into her personal space. He observed her determined features carefully with his blank expression. He licked his dry lips and chuckled.

"It seems you don't know who I really am, Darling."

A/N

I wasn't going to update but i didn't want to keep you guys waiting. I've been trying to rewrite my skz stories and it's a little draining