Chapter Two: Walls

TRIGGER WARNING: Talk of cheating and implications of r*p*.

Relationships:

Alex- 0/10

Brad- 0/10

Conrad- 1/10

Fliss- 10/10

Julia- 0/10

Y/N's POV

We reach our destination and Fliss stops the Duke.

I put the anchor in the water and Julia starts to prep the dive-line and all that for the dive with Conrad as the spectator.

Fliss is with Brad, patting his back as he pukes over the side of the boat.

"That's it. Get it all out," I hear her coax.

Brad nods, standing up. "Yeah."

"You, err... wanna go lie down?"

"Yeah... you know, maybe I should." Brad turns around and walks past me, going down to the small bedrooms of the boat.

Fliss notices me watching and gestures to her head where Brad just went. "Oh boy."

I suppress a laugh.

Fliss then walks back in my direction and over to where Alex is doing his preparations for the dive.

A little ways away, I look over and see Conrad and Julia sitting down and looking at the camera pad.

"Let's see those hot pics," I hear Conrad say.

I roll my eyes before walking over to join Fliss and Alex.

"What about... over here?" Alex asks, pointing to a coordinate.

"That's pretty far out of the way," Fliss tells him.

"I'm just thinking about backup targets in case we don't find anything on the dive cam."

"Listen, to be honest, Y/N and I have never heard of this wreck you're looking for. Usually these things are crawling with divers."

"Yeah, this one's different."

"Well, if it gets too late Fliss and I know some great spots you could just take a nice dive," I tell him.

"Brad did his homework. If he says the wreck is here, it's here."

"Okay, look, you're the client," Fliss says. "I'm just saying, we don't have unlimited daylight."

"Alex!" I hear Julia call. "Come here! I think we got something!"

"I'm gonna go help Conrad and Julia with the camera." Alex walks away and over to the others, leaving Fliss and I to watch them from a distance. "Whatcha got?" he asks, sitting down next to the others.

"Feast your eyes on this," Conrad says, likely showing Alex a picture on the camera pad.

"Brad's calculations were right on the money."

"Always bet on Brad."

Fliss goes back to tending to the Duke, but I can't help but continue to listen in as Julia says, "That kid's a wiz. We should thank him. Fliss! We found a plane!"

Fliss turns back around. "Yeah?"

"Yeah! Looks like Word War Two! We are ready to dive."

I move over to stand by Fliss, knowing that this is going to be difficult to explain to these three.

"Uhh, technically, we should call this in to port authorities. As an unreported wreck," Fliss informs them.

Julia rolls her eyes. "Well, 'technically.'"