24

[ THE WEEK BEFORE SCHOOL YEAR FOR HIGH SCHOOL STARTS ]

you got a call from gakushuu around six in the morning. a time where you're barely awake. you couldn't make up what he had said, so you ended the call by just saying "yes" to whatever the fuck he had said.

you only got reminded by what you had agreed to the moment gakushuu had called you once again. this time around eight, where the sun's rays are finally warming up your skin awake.

"where are you? it has been two hours since my last call and you're still not here. you agreed to cleaning up the school library with me. you better get here soon because there are a lot of things to do." is what gakushuu said when you answered his second call.

"i'm on my way!" you responded, when the truth is you're still in your bed trying to process what he had said.

you didn't want to make gakushuu wait any longer hence why you called the first person that came in mind that could provide him company.

"akabane!" you said through your phone the moment karma had picked up your call. you explained to him your hassle for today and he instantly agreed to participate as long as he gets something in return.

with crossed arms, gakushuu raises a brow at the sound of the library door being opened. "sorry i'm late!" you stated, completely out of breath but still proceeding to walk where karma and gakushuu are.

gakushuu heavily sighs, furrowing his brows. "that's alright. but why do you have the need to send akabane on your behalf?" he asks, shooting karma a sharp glance.

"i didn't know you were this bothered by my presence, shuu." karma sneers, stacking up books on a certain table. "you didn't seem to mind me having as company earlier. don't you like my stories about our alien of a teacher?"

"your stories were all over the place." gakushuu said. "i couldn't understand a thing you had said."

"ah..this is what i was worried about. i knew your smart brain couldn't catch up with my stories. i guess you wouldn't be knowing much about that alien anymore." karma fakes a sigh, shrugging before returning to his work.

"seriously..you two." you rub the back of your neck, realising that having them in the same room is indeed, a bad idea.

"is this free labor?" karma suddenly questions midway of finishing up the shelf gakushuu assigned him to. "are we getting something out of this?"

gakushuu heavily sighs. "yes. you will." he said. "that is if you finish your work without any inconvenience. it'll take up too much of our time if that happens."

standing beside karma, you let out a rather obvious yawn that caught his attention. "still tired?" he asks, handing you a book to stack up the shelves.