Part 4

"Let's start with Jacquie's solo," Emily says as she pulls out the notes she has. She scans over the paper, " Did you see that tumbling sequence she did?"

"Yeah it was great, but she lacked emotion. Tricks are cool but judges need more than that," Michelle says.

"Ok, let's talk over Summer's. She is an incredible dancer but what we saw at these auditions isn't the same Summer we saw when preparing for regionals," Emily says.

"I agree. Something's changed in her for sure but she is an incredible dancer," Michelle tells Emily.

"So is everybody here. That is why they are on this team. We have to try to put our emotions aside when making this decision," Emily says

"You're right. Who is next on the list?"

"Piper."

"Her solo was incredible. Did you see that front aerial she did?"

"It was very impressive but are we sure she is over the whole regionals aerial fiasco? We can't have that happen at nationals."

"She showed us by working on her week off to get that new trick."

"Will keep her in the running for now. Lastly, we have Richelle."

"I have to say she impressed me with her performance in the duet at regionals. In the past, she had a hard time showing her emotions while dancing, but she definitely put it all on display at regionals."

"I always knew she had it in her, plus on top of that, her technique is the best out of all the female dancers."

"Technique isn't everything Emily."

"I know that. That is why I said on top of that. She has both the emotions and technique to win."

"So we've decided that we are between Piper and Richelle."

"Yes, and I think I know who should get it. Are you thinking what I am thinking?" Emily asks Michelle

"I think I am."

"Okay, so I think we've made our decision on who the female soloist will be. Now let's decide on the male soloist. I think the answer was very clear on who it should be."

"I agree."

"Ok well, now we have both our female and male soloists. I'm going to check on Riley and see how things are." Emily heads out of the office and walks over.

"How is everything going?"

"Not bad, not bad. They're definitely a few who are getting it more than others but I guess will ultimately see how it is when it comes to the audition."

"Okay just let me know if there is any trouble. I am heading down to get a smoothie. Would you like anything?"

"I'll just take a red juice... thanks, sis," Riley says. As Emily starts to leave James interjects.

"I'll take a strawberry smoothie... thanks, Em." Emily turns around and darts him a look and then gives him a fake grin. James smiles back. Riley lets out a little chuckle and then focuses her attention back on the group.

"Hey Piper, just make sure you elevate right here and tighten your core," Riley tells her.

"Like this," Piper says as she demonstrates.

"Yeah, much better." Riley walks around helping everybody with corrections and comes back over to James. "Aren't you going to help the boys?"

"They got this."

"Will see about that."

"Want to make a bet Ms.Riley."

"Why must you call me that?"

"It's cute and you're cute."

"Yeah, let's make a bet. If the girls perform their parts better than you have to go audition for the new ballet that is forming in downtown Toronto and I pick the outfit you wear"

"That's just cruel Riley, but if the boys perform their parts better than you have to go around wearing this shirt I made."

"What does the shirt say?"

'You'll just have to wait and see until you lose."

"Oh, I'm winning so I guess I'll never know."

Emily returns with the drinks, even bringing James back his smoothie.

"I knew I could count on you sis," James says.

"We are not sisters," Emily says as she hands James his smoothie, "Dancers you have ten more minutes until we begin. Use your time wisely." Emily walks back into the office and hands Michelle a juice.

"Thanks, Emmykins," Michelle says.

"Literally where and how do these nicknames come to your mind?" Michelle shrugs her shoulders and takes a sip of her juice.

MICHELLE: I have a notebook full of them but don't tell Emily that.

"Finn, you promise you have the steps down," Piper says.

"Yes, I do Piper."

FINN: I know from past experiences that jokes don't help with Piper's anxiety, just reassurance.

"Let's just do that lift one more time," Kenzie tells Kingston.

"How many times are we going to do it? I haven't dropped you yet."

"Yet!!!" Kenzie exclaims.

KINGSTON: I guess I'll be doing this lift until the day I die

"I think we got this in the bag," Ozzy tells Richelle.

"Oh, I know." Richelle says as she walks over and takes a sip from her water bottle, "We are going to be perfect and nothing less Ozzy. Understood?" Ozzy shakes his head agreeing and walks over a few more steps on his own.

OZZY: Guess I'll be putting in everything I have

"You got this Henry. Do it for me," Amy says as she gives him a hug.

"Thanks, Ames. I really needed that."

HENRY: I needed that, to know that, things are okay. They may not be ideal but they are okay.

"We are so ready Noah," Jacquie says as she gives him a high five and then Noah wraps his arms around her.

"Let's do this!" Noah says as he kisses Jacquie's head, hugging her tightly.

NOAH: With Jacquie by my side, I know we are unstoppable.

Emily emerges from her office with Michelle, and the dancers turn and focus their attention on them.

"Let's see what you guys got," Emily says.