quarante-neuf (part i)

when it ends - quatre

PART ONE

Once upon a time in a far far away land, a girl foolishly believed in happily ever afters brought about by painfully beautiful princes or knights in shining armor. She dreamed of a true love's kiss. Of magic. Of magical balls and elegant ballgowns. Diamond shoes that mirrored the enchanting scenery you can only find in fairytales.

Some would say it was an innocent illusion-a product of a child's playful imagination. But as she grew older and more perceptive of the harsh realities of the world, she thought how dense and ridiculous her childhood trances were. They were escapes from abuse and lies. She was on constant car chase with her nightmares. It was miserable, and she thought a little dose of fiction won't hurt.

But she grew up. And she grew apart from her childish reveries.

She urged herself to be smarter and allowed herself to explore more into the depths of the world. She learned and unlearned. She slipped and made mistakes. She fell, got bruised, cried and did it over and over for countless of times. But everyday she was a different person. She was better.

Perhaps at some point, she depended her future on fairytales or even on romantic movie craps. And then she woke up. After a series of heartbreaks, disappointments, more abuse and lies, she put a stop on the once upon a times and tried to write off the fabcricated happy endings with a more contingent narrative.

This is her new beginning. And it's going to be revolutionary.