Rehearsal Dinner

Disclaimer: I don't own Ninjago, just the story.

It was the day before the wedding and the ninja were getting ready for the rehearsal dinner. Britney was worried about the rehearsal dinner because her parents were coming. She had not seen her parents for years, since they kicked her out of the house after she had gotten pregnant. They had never met Lloyd or Max and she hoped that the meeting would go well.

They had checked into a hotel for the wedding. After the rehearsal dinner, all the girls were going to go into the room that Jay, Nya, and their kids have and all the guys were going into the room that Lloyd, Britney, and Max have. The kids were all going with their respective grandparents for the night.

"You ready?" Lloyd asked. Him and Max were standing by the door, ready to go.

"Yeah," Britney said nervously.

They walked out and met the others and their kids in the lobby.

"Well, there's the other bride and groom," Kai said.

"Sorry we're late," Lloyd said.

"Don't worry about it," Jay said. "We kind of just got down here a couple of minutes ago." He gestured to himself, Nya, and their kids.

"Yeah," Cole started. "You guys aren't very punctual for your own rehearsal dinner."

"We're all here now," Nya said. "Let's go."

They walked over to where their rehearsal dinner was and everybody else was already there.

Jay, Nya, Justin, and Alex walked over to Ed, Edna, Ray, and Maya.

"Hi," Nya said.

"There's our grandkids, daughter, and about to be son-in-law," Maya said with a smile.

"Sorry this wedding is five years late," Jay said.

"Well, the circumstance was unavoidable."

"Jay, how are you feeling?" Edna asked as she started smothering her son.

"I'm fine, mom," Jay said annoyed.

"Enda dear, I'm sure if anything, Nya has been making sure he's ok," Ed said.

"Don't worry," Nya started. "I have been keeping my eyes on him."

Ray shook hands with Jay. "You better treat my daughter right," Ray said.

"I will," Jay said.

Britney found her parents and walked up to them with Lloyd and Max.

"Hi mom, dad," Britney said. She gestured to her about to be husband and son. "This is Lloyd and Max."

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Ly," Lloyd said.

"Hello Lloyd," Mrs. Ly said a little coldly.

Britney noticed. "What was that mom?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you and the way you just said hello to Lloyd is the way you say it when you don't like somebody."

"We just don't understand why out of all people, you are marrying him," Mr. Ly said.

"I love him!"

"How could you love an elemental master?!" Mrs. Ly said. "Elemental masters are freaks! Their power is dangerous! They shouldn't be allowed to walk around like everybody else!"

Lloyd looked down. He couldn't believe what Britney's parents were saying. 'Is that what some people actually believe?' he thought. He didn't say anything.