The Reception

Disclaimer: I don't own Ninjago or "A Year Without Rain" by Selena Gomez & The Scene, just the story.

I feel the song at the top fits with the couples.

Everyone was enjoying the reception.

"I am not drinking too much!" Lloyd exclaimed to his new wife as she, Kai, and Skylor were trying to make him play a drinking game again.  "After what happened at the bachelor party-"

"You just had a hangover afterwards," Kai interrupted.

"And it was awful!  Plus, Zane recorded everything."

"Zane is not recording this."

"Can you look me in the eyes and tell me that?"

"You're right."  Kai sighed in defeat.  "He probably is...but it's your wedding.  Enjoy yourself!"

"He's right Lloyd," Britney said.  "Having a few drinks won't hurt anything."

"Honestly, I don't even remember the reception for mine and Kai's wedding," Skylor said.

"I don't either," Kai rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.  "But that means we had fun."

Lloyd rolled his eyes.

On the other side of the reception, Jay and Nya were having shots with Cole and Seliel.

"At least you're having fun," Cole told Jay, referring to how Kai, Skylor, and Britney were having trouble getting Lloyd to drink much.

"Hey, it's not too bad," Jay said as he took another shot.  At this point the four of them were getting a little tipsy.

"Cole, I don't know if you should be drinking so much before your speech," Nya said.

"I probably shouldn't, but it's a party!" Cole said.  "Plus, I'm doing it with Kai."

"Don't make him do all the work," Seliel said and rolled her eyes.  "You also don't want to get too drunk in front of the kids."

"Our dads are watching Mason and Harper, we can party as much as we want!"

Zane and PIXAL were sitting at a table in the middle of everything.

"Are you recording everything?" PIXAL asked.

"Yes I am," Zane said.  "So they can remember what happened at their wedding reception."

"I don't think remembering will be a problem for Lloyd."  They glanced at Lloyd who was still arguing about not wanting to get drunk.

"It might be a problem for Jay and Nya."  They then glanced at the other four who were still drinking.

Later on, it was time for speeches.

"Can we have everyone's attention, please?" Cole said as him and Kai stood up.

"This wedding was a long time coming...and we mean...a long time," Kai said.

"Although we didn't expect to have a wedding where there would be two couples getting married together."

"We would like to congradulate Lloyd and his new wife, Britney, as well as Jay and his new wife, my sister, Nya."

"Nya, you brighten Jay's world.  Ever since we met you after saving you from skeletons, it became obvious that you two would end up together.  Even during the whole love triangle thing, which I will admit was partly my fault, it was obvious that you two had a love for each other that could never be broken."  Cole paused.  "I remember how the first thing Jay asked Nya was 'What's your favorite color?' and Nya responded with 'blue'.  If that wasn't a sign, then I don't know what is.  You guys have had your up and downs, including becoming young parents and being separated for five years, but you always come out of it stronger than ever...and I know that you can make it through everything.  I don't think that shocks any of you though."  The room stayed silent.  "Yeah, I know that was bad."

"My turn," Kai started.  "Britney, I've never seen Lloyd as happy as he is when he is with you.  I know that your relationship got off to a rocky start with the whole one night stand thing that Britney got pregnant because of...but when Lloyd found out about Max, he did everything he could to be the best father he could be.  He also did his best to make things right with you and your love for one another turned into an amazing relationship.  Even though being separated for five years was tough, you two never gave up hope that you would see each other again...and Britney, always remember, Lloyd may look like an adult, but he always acts like a child."  Everyone laughed.

"Hey," Lloyd said offended.  "I act older than you."

"Who was arguing with us about drinking?"

"Whatever."

"A toast to Jay and Nya," Cole said.

"As well as Lloyd and Britney," Kai added.

"Our turn," Skylor said as she got up with PIXAL.  "Nya, I believe that your relationship wit Jay has made you a better person.  Out of anyone, Jay has always been the person to believe in you the most.  He has always been there for you when you needed it.  When you became a ninja, you wanted to make a name for yourself and didn't want to get involved in a relationship...but Jay made you see that you shouldn't worry about people calling you Kai's sister or Jay's girlfriend.  You are strong and it didn't matter what other people thought.  Your relationship has been one that the people of Ninjago have looked up to and strived to be.  Your guys' relationship might have had issues at first, but once you figured it out, you have had a picture perfect relationship.  I know that whatever challenges you may face in the future, you will be able to handle it together."

"I guess it's my turn," PIXAL said.  "Britney, I may not have known you for as long as Skylor has known Nya, but I do know that being with Lloyd has made you a better person.  When you two first started dating, you were skeptical if it could work and now you two are married, so it did work.  You were a single mom at the time with Lloyd's kid that he had just found out about.  When we all met you, we welcomed you with open arms, but you didn't want our help no matter how much it was offered.  When Lloyd was taken, you accepted our help and yours and Max's protection.  You had been with Lloyd for about a year at that point, but you loved him and wanted him back and were happy when we got him back.  You have already been through so much together which shows the strength of your relationship and I have no doubt that your love for each other will last forever."

Later on, it was time for the dancing to start and Dareth grabbed the mic from the DJ.  "I would like to start by inviting the newly weds Jay and Nya as well as Lloyd and Britney onto the dance floor for their first dance as married couples."

Jay and Nya as well as Lloyd and Britney walk out to the middle of the dance floor as the music starts playing.  (I imagine it being the song at the top.)  Eventually, everyone else joins them.  Everyone dances for the rest of the night until the DJ's time is up.  By then, all the ninja's parents has taken the kids to bed and the ninja decided it was time to turn in also after a fun night.

A/N: There will be one more shorter chapter.  I hope you enjoyed!