Chapter 6 - You Heal Me

The end of their honeymoon was coming to a close. Reyhan and Emir had encountered beautiful things. They had been away for 4 weeks now and had embraced every moment.

Reyhan's confidence, for one had grown and she felt closer to her love. Emir treasured this and never wanted his wife to change.

Ever since he had known Reyhan, he had seen her flourish from the shy, non verbal woman who had captured his heart, to a confident, sexy wife, who still had her modest moments but had grown.

For Reyhan, she noticed the happiness in his eyes. Those eyes that that loved, looked at her gleaming with genuine emotion. His smile melted her heart, his kind eyes showed her the world. Emir's tenderness made her fall deeper in love with him. This wasn't just an ordinary love, it was pure and passionate.  She couldn't resist him either and enjoyed the moments where she could just touch him.

"Askim?" She called for her husband from the front room couch."Come here look at this!" 

It was an advertisement on the TV for the upcoming architecture conference that Reyhan's professor had admitted her for, that was happening next week in Ankara.

The advert on television was encouraging people to vote online for the submitted projects by the finalists.

"Ayyy! I completely forgot about this. I've been having so much fun with you that school left my mind... I don't even remember my project!"

"Hmm, I think that's a great thing sevgilim.." he cupped her cheek and gave her firm kiss. 

"You have a smart, handsome architect husband who has perfect memory and remembers everything you do!" Emir joked making her laugh.

"Oh really? Handsome and smart with perfect memory? I am the luckiest girl in the world!" She giggled. 

"Your final project was excellent! Even better than anything I ever did when I was studying, I promise you" Emir loved to reassure her, but sometimes couldn't understand why she lacked a little self-esteem. To him, she was flawless.

"Promise?"

"I swear! Look, if you don't want to do this, then you don't have to. But if you want to then I will support you"

"It's not that... I don't like being the centre of attention I guess. The thought of thousands of people seeing my work... frightens me" she blinked and tears began to build in her eyes.

"Reyhan... These are all life experiences. For example - you are a life experience for me and you changed me. They are all scary at first, but later most of them become wonderful memories. You will learn, I promise"

Hearing the words of wisdom come out of his mouth, relaxed Reyhan so much but she couldn't hold back the tears.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to be emotional, I wish we didn't have to leave this house. I wish we could stay away from everyone forever, I only need you in this life" she looked in his eyes as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Emir couldn't bare seeing his wife cry and pulled her into his arms. 

"Oh baby.." he kissed her head and stroked her back. "You think I wanna leave this place too? Of course not! I understand this anxiety. All good things come to an end they say you know?" He joked, trying to make her smile.

"Don't say that! God forbid that could mean us too" she cried.

"God forbid you're right, I mean times like these. I have enjoyed every bit of our honeymoon, being married to you is a gift from God. Although I miss my father, I didn't miss anything else. Like you said, I only need you too" his calm words soothed her, they lied down on the couch.