Chapter 2 - The Gift

She almost slipped as she stepped out of the steamy shower. Reyhan Tarhun was in deep thought of surprising her husband on his 30th birthday. It was tomorrow and she had a lot to prepare. Her mind was crowded with eager, yet nervous thoughts, she knew it had to be perfect.

 What was even more passionate, was that they were currently honeymooning near the beach. Far away from any trouble or messy drama that stayed in Istanbul. She could get used to this blissful life. 

Reyhan began to get ready, she put her wet black hair into a messy bun, put cream on her face, wore something light for the day. She could hear Emir chuckling as he was watching tv in their bedroom. She grinned as she saw the back of his head and his brown locks from the bathroom door.

"Sevgilim? Are you done yet?" Emir called to her, he had craved her ever since he left to speak to Zafer on the phone. Moments later, Reyhan appeared in front of Emir, his eyes softened and he took her hands and pulled her onto his lap. "I missed you," he said into her ear and kissed it causing her to flinch. "Me too..." She moved so that she was facing him. 

"What do you want to do today? We can go to the town and go shopping, I even have some friends from University that are staying nearby too. They cannot wait to meet my beautiful wife!" Emir announced, stroking his wife's cheek with his thumb. Reyhan's expression shifted and now she seemed a little worried. She knew that Emir's friends were important to him, but somehow knowing that they came from a wealthy background and they also knew Cemre years back, made her feel shy. 

"Well..." she glanced down and held his hands. She began to rub her thumb over his strong hands. "Don't get me wrong. I'd love to, but you know..." she looked into his understanding eyes. Emir knew his wife too well. "Ahh I see, you think they're going to believe what that crazy woman said was true?" he frowned. 

After Cemre moved away, Zafer mentioned to Emir that the evil Cemre had spoken poorly of Reyhan to his peers from University. She had bumped into them at a bar one night before she left Turkey. Reyhan had overheard this conversation and felt agitated ever since. This was one of the main reasons why she felt relieved their wedding was just them alone. She didn't want to feel judged.

 He pulled her body into his arms and hugged her. "Don't ever ever ever let anyone believe you are not enough, that you are not worthy. You are the light of my life. Without you, I cannot live. They are going to adore you, but I hope not too much, because you are mine!" He muttered. Reyhan chuckled and kissed him lightly on the lips. "You are my light too. You're everything. I love you so much".

"Since we are going to see your friends tonight, I was wondering if we could go shopping, I need a few things, maybe I can find something to wear?" she asked. "Of course, great idea Sevgilim, I am going to look for a few antiques, this town is known for them, it will be the perfect addition to our home."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at the local shopping mall.  It was impressive, the complex was made of dark glass, with interconnecting walkways, large signs and beautiful flowers to decorate the space. Emir admired the design and mentioned a few parts that he liked to his wife. After all, Reyhan was to graduate in a few weeks as an architect!

 Reyhan's plan was to distract Emir and keep her sweet husband busy as she went shopping for his birthday gift and find something worthy and fashionable to wear for tonight. She knew his friends had wives that worked in fashion, she didn't want to disappoint them. Emir hadn't even mentioned his birthday. Maybe he forgot. 

"Askim?" Reyhan muttered to her tall husband. "I am going to get a few things, then we can meet in an hour and have lunch?" she grinned, hoping he would accept. "Is my little wife trying to get rid of me?" he laughed and ran his fingers through her silky hair, her hair had taken a slight natural curl after she had washed it and let the sun dry it. "Noooo but really. You can go and find your antiques and choose one for our living room. Then you can show me later..." She said.