Chapter 8 - Past and Present

Note to my readers: Hi! Sorry for the delay in this chapter, I was on vacation. I would like to add, I saw the trailer for the new season and although I could express my disappointment, my story is very different from the show. I am trying to explore storylines that we didn't really see on screen. Enjoy :)

Reyhan hardly slept the whole night. She dozed off for a few moments or two but kept herself awake to monitor Emir.

 Her mind was also occupied by the strange doctor.

  How did she know he was left-handed? Surely that's not something you can tell by an X-ray!

Though she felt like she was overthinking and exaggerating the situation, she couldn't help but feel protective over her husband. Reyhan sat up and checked if Emir's breathing was good and ran her fingers through his hair gently to relax him in his sleep. My darling... My everything...

 Emir fell asleep with Reyhan on his right, holding onto her hand with his head close to the pillow. His left wrist was in a cast due to his accident.

Thank god he's okay. What would I do without you in my life? I cannot live. 

Her eyes were flowing with tears as she lightly stroked his forehead, mindful not to wake him up. Her tears sprinted off her cheek and onto his, she stopped to wipe them but felt Emir twitch.

He opened his eyes gently and squinted to see a faint but worried looking Reyhan near him. "Askim?" 

"Emir... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up..."

"It's nothing my love, are you alright?" 

"I should be asking you this...." she burst into tears, her lip shaking as he sat up a bit in the hospital bed slowly. 

"Why are you crying sevgilim? No tears come on. I'm okay look at me!" He smiled and wiped her tears with his right hand and kissed her soft cheeks.

"I know, I know. The moment when you were unconscious in front of me came to mind... How's the wrist?"

"It is a bit painful but well I will rest it now. I won't be able to write for a bit so I need you for that!" Emir said jokingly in an attempt to make her laugh.

"Hmm also I guess you weren't able to sleep either?" he added.

"It's a little early...so I can try now. I was worried about your head" She whispered.

Emir knew the accident had shaken her but signalled his right arm for her to lay her head.

Reyhan hesitated for a moment, then melted into his warm arms and inhaled his scent. 

"Thank god you're okay..." 

"I'm fine, don't cry please. Close your eyes and think of your favourite moment from our stay so far...it will relax you" he knew where he was going with this. 

His sentence made her cheeks blush and she began to think of her time with him in the shower.

In his head, there were many moments but the ones when he touched her were his favourite. He smirked and kissed his wife goodnight.

 "That won't help silly!" She responded giggling and closed her eyes. Within moments, she had fallen into a deep sleep and dreamt of Emir...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours, Emir and Reyhan both woke up to the sound of their hospital room door opening. They weren't normally light sleepers, but their situation made them a little stressed.