{FL| The Day We First Met}

It was for a simple project, the day those two met. [Y/N], the girl most called hot chocolate and Takuto, the guy most thought of as tea. Takuto Maruki, the young man known for his kindness and ability to soothe others, meanwhile [Y/N] [L/N], the young lady known for her playfulness and unyielding energy. No one would have guessed back then that such different people could get along so well.

"Today's project will be on cognitive pscience, choose any aspect you'd like, and any partner you desire. You all may disperse and find someone to work with, dismissed."

The large male teacher sat in front of the class and watched as everyone began to follow his instructions, they scrambled to get to their friends. Though two people weren't in such a rush to get to a partner, both were excited. After the other students got their partners, the [h/c]-haired girl felt a gentle hand on her shoulder, she turned as her eyes met the ever so soft ones of a happy-looking male.

"Would you like to work together? There's no one else available...unless you want to work alone, I unders-" The boy was cut off by the girl, earning a bit of shock and surprise.

"Of course! [Y/N] [L/N]." She held a kind, welcoming hand out toward him, though something about him had forced her to smile a bit more than usual. It had grown even more so when he took her hand with a pleased chuckle.

"Straight to the point, huh? I like that! I'm Takuto Maruki." The two shook hands before talking about cognitive pscience, just trying to get a hold on how the other knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With class being over, they met in Maruki's dorm, [Y/N] drinking a cup of hot chocolate and Maruki enjoying tea. Even though the two were supposed to be working, they shared facts and had a compelling conversation on the mind. They were both happy that they would finally talk to someone who understood the same amount if not more than they did.

"Ah! Do you know about the Scarcity Effect, Maruki~kun?" [Y/N] spoke happily as she held her turquoise mug with her left hand on the bottom and her right hand on the side, it had been a while since she could throw facts about the human mind at someone.

"Hm...I don't believe I have. Can you tell me, [L/N]~san?" Maruki smiled, as usual, taking the handle of his glass teacup. The tea inside was actually a blend that [Y/N] had kind of forced him to try since apparently, she could tell he was overworking himself. The blend consisted of one teaspoon of skullcap leaf, one teaspoon of peppermint leaf, and a tablespoon of Yerba Mate. He had to admit, he loved the taste of it. Though he was a bit off-put by the fact that [Y/N] had a habit of drinking her hot chocolate with so many marshmallows. He couldn't say much though since he'd do the same thing when he was alone.

"Imagine if there were ten cookies in one jar and two cookies in another, which would you choose?" The girl placed her cup on the wooden table that opened space between them, her small hands folding in her lap as she crossed her legs. Seriousness quickly taking over the atmosphere. As she did this, Maruki suddenly felt under pressure, he felt an aura of dominant power overflowing from her. It caused him to take a slight gulp, sweat beads appearing on his head as he awkwardly coughed to get her attention but it failed.

"I-I guess the two cookies..?" He questioned himself more than he answered, afraid he had chosen the wrong answer. To be honest, her stance didn't help either. But, she let up after he spoke, letting out a giggle of knowing, almost cocky.

"I had a feeling you'd say that. That's the Scarcity Effect at work. Even though the cookies in both jars are completely the same, people are more drawn to things that are scarce or almost gone." She smiled, just as brightly as Maruki would, hoping to give him a sense of comfort. There were rumors that her genuine smile was the purest of all smiles, but he never expected to be like this. His eyes widened for a moment as he practically glowed, quickly taking a large gulp of tea to try and calm himself. Though he ended up choking slightly.

"Maruki~kun, please be careful, you scared me.." [Y/N] stood up and began to pat his back, suddenly realizing something. She abruptly stopped, leaving her hand on his back for a moment. Maruki noticed this change and looked up at her.

"Hm..what seems to be th-" Once again he was cut off by her, he thought he might as well get used to it but what she had was crucial.

"We need to get started on that project, now!" She scrambled to get her computer out of her bag while Maruki fumbled to the other side of the room to his notebooks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 899

A/N: Holy crap, i think this is going well so far? i mean i didn't wanna add a lot of changes but i think i wanna do hot chocolate instead of coffee- stupid right? but i hope you guys at least semi-like this mess ass thing i'm trying to make. cUz ThIs bItCH WaNnA cRy-