{1| Boys Are Boys}

[Y/N] smiled to herself as she thought of her earlier meeting with Maruki, he had never changed, it was a relief for her. She honestly thought he would've gotten rid of his kind nature, then again this was Maruki she was talking about. He had always been so kind, so sweet, something she never understood was why. Why was he so nice to everyone around him? She shook her head as she sat at her desk, just about to indulge herself in her research, she heard her friend's soft voice behind her.

"[Y/N]~chan, how'd it go?" His voice rang through her room as he leaned against her doorway, arms crossed with a comforting smile.

"It went really well, Iryujon. Everything I needed you to do today is done, right?" She turned around in her chair, hands folded in her lap as she met her [e/c] eyes with his white ones.

"Yup! The stuff you wanted is in Jikken-Shitsu!" His white eyes shown with pride as he chuckled, running a hand through his curly black air.

"Nice job, Iryujon! I'd love to spend more time with you but, I really gotta get to my work." She smiled at him before turning towards her computer, rapid tapping noises coming afterward. The pride in Iryujon's eyes faded as he looked around her room, it was a damn mess that was sure. There were papers all over the floor, crinkled, balled up, wet from tears, wet from blood, he honestly was the only one who knew about what she did in exchange for her dream, for her desires. So, he felt the least he could is meet her halfway by simply helping out, he helped with her errands, her cleaning, hell, even with herself. But, for some reason, he never minded it.

"Alright, [Y/N]~chan. I'll clean up for you, okay?" Unknown to her, he had already started picking up books, papers, broken glass... wait.... broken glass? He shook his head, he'll ask her later when she was in a better mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Principal Kobayakawa had issued a school assembly for [Y/N]'s arrival, the complete opposite of what she had asked for. Honestly when she found out, no one could stop that she was this upset, the only reason why she hadn't done anything petty was because of Maruki. Even now, he was stopping her from doing things that'd she regret.

"[L/N]~san, it's alright! Oh, how about this: I'll join you on stage!" Maruki smiled brightly, if he could have large stars in his eyes, they would be sitting there with his overjoyed expression. It made him happy that he'd be able to support [Y/N] like he used to, he was ready to go now but he had needed her approval and the time.

"I would.. actually like that, thank you, Maruki~kun." She smiled a bit more than usual, it was an effect his own smile had on people like when he was happy, it was contagious. But she honestly didn't mind it, she relished in it. His happiness was a support outlet for her while for Maruki, her formalities and politeness was like a breath of fresh air, granting him a wave of energy.

"Great! Should we tell the principal?" He chuckled innocently, knowing what her answer would be immediately as he saw a small smirk grow on her face. She placed a hand on his as an idea popped into her mind.

"Oh no, Maruki~kun. This shall be a surprise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school students were annoyed with the fact that there was another weird assembly that they felt was being held for no reason, they were murmuring among themselves until they saw the man known as their principal.

"Now, I believe the student body needs a female outlook on some of their issues, not that Dr. Maruki is doing bad on his own but a woman is sometimes needed to make sense of things. So, with that being said, the floor is yours, Doctor.."