[0| Snacks and Reunions]

Maruki wondered through the halls of Shujin Academy, trying to organize his thoughts on his research though he couldn't focus completely due to the rumors being spread around school. Rumor has it that another counselor would be joining Maruki in his work, a woman with an adorable sweetheart attitude. The reason it bothered somewhat was that he had cut off a girl with a hot chocolate-like personality back in school, [Y/N] [L/N]. That and the fact that she'd be joining in less than two days, if that was true, why hadn't he been informed? He was the only counselor and he was also going to possibly be working with someone he had burned bridges with all those years ago... Perhaps he should just ask Kobayakawa, god, that was still a long name. He might not even listen to him because of the Phantom Thieves and Kamoshida, he's been obsessed with the incident. So if he were willing to even listen to anyone, it'd have to be about that. Maybe just leave it for now, he could think about it later.

With his thoughts finally collected and his mind at ease, he was able to bring full attention to his thoughts. Though one thing did leave him wondering, after all these years. He wondered if even through the fact he had hurt her and she had hurt him, had she still been researching as he had? Has she still been researching like he was...? He had no clue what her life had been like after cutting her off and honestly, he felt bad for doing so. More like angry. Though this is the punishment he got for limiting himself to certain people, and for not choosing her as one of those people. If he didn't make such a stupid decision, he probably would have a lot more information than he did now. But at the same time, she left him an odd message too... meaning that she would've thrown any contact he had to be able to get to her out the window. Even today he still thought of that message, it was meant to comfort and intimidate or that was what he believed. He got up from his seat at his desk and walked to his bag, digging in it to find his phone to see the message again. Trying to decipher it once again, never able to figure out what it meant. As he grasped his phone, he quickly scrolled through his messages until he saw her icon. That big bright smile, those cheerful [e/c] eyes that had an underlying tone or story to them, her [h/c] hair that he used to run his fingers through, hell, even her level of childishness made him smile.

He remembered how their last meeting went, [Y/N] had actually been fairly tired that day which wasn't the norm for her. She'd usually have tons of energy, always having enough to do just about anything so Maruki was worried and still thinking back to her. A small sigh came from him, tapping on the text string to see one new message underneath that weird one.

'Meet me at the Big Bang Burger in Shibuya after you're done with work at Shujin.'

He froze, the girl that he had abandoned just asked him to go meet with her. How'd she know he worked at Shujin or the fact that he couldn't go home without passing through Shibuya, but of course she would know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That message stuck itself in the man's mind as he left the school, she wanted to see him after that time...for what reason? Did she want to steal his work, yell at him, make amends? A thought suddenly snuck into his mind, that rumor about him having a new partner through his tenure, could it have been true? He missed her, almost too much. He missed running a hand through her hair, he missed their conversations, he missed their back and forth banter, he missed it all. And through this meeting, he didn't even know if she had changed since then, who she had become, but he prayed and hoped with all his damn heart that she was still the same.

God... I really hope this goes well, I've missed you so much... I want to atone for what I did, what I said..

Maruki's thoughts were cut through however when he heard the train call for his station, his next stop was Shibuya. Dammit, why did Aoyama-Itchome have to be so close to Shibuya? He quickly stepped on the train, sitting in a somehow available seat as he looked out the window behind with a comfortable lean. The train inched closer and closer to his destination, as it did, he felt anxiety bubble inside of him.