{FL| Beer With A Side Of Words}

It had been years since the repeated suicides and Rumi. [Y/N] had closed herself off somewhat after Rumi's incident, diving deep into her research with little to no of coming back. Maruki, though worried for his friend, did the same, but he kept ties together. As they were being funded by the same people, they were both furious once they found out they had been cut off "due to lack of concrete evidence". Both needed to talk to someone, both felt they needed a few drinks so, who better to call than Shibusawa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dammit! Just hearing it you two's pissing me off... You've both come so far... What problem could they possibly have now!?" Shibusawa growled in anger, Maruki gulped a good fourth of his beer while [Y/N] had already gone through her first bottle. She needed some sort of escape and both boys knew that, but also knew they couldn't provide..

"I tried negotiating in person with the professor and the investors, but they simply wouldn't listen... they even tried to trade [Y/N] in exchange for my research... "Due to the lack of concrete evidence, all further research and funding in the field of cognitive psience will cease." They told us it's already over and done with. But-" The young man was interrupted by his friend, who had exhausted eyes and a rage filled expression. She was still sober, though she didn't want to be.

"Why now...? When they saw our research and ideas, they were practically beaming! So...." She was cut off by being pulled into a side hug by Maruki, in response, she sniffled, returning his embrace.

"And the research lab in Odaiba... They're not going through with that anymore..?" Shibusawa asked as he picked up his beer bottle, taking a swig while Maruki told him they weren't anymore.

"Dammit.... Fuck their "concrete evidence"! How're we supposed to get anything concrete if they don't let the damn research happen!?" [Y/N] cried out as she tightened her hold, earning a few soft hushes from Maruki before he began to speak for her.

"If we can change the cognition of trauma victims, their suffering can be eliminated... Who knows how many people could be saved with this research.. How much more obvious could the benefits be?" Maruki sighed as he heard his friend sniffle, using his hand to gently pet her head.

" So... Do you really think the lack of research is the reason they shut it all down...?" The black-haired Shibusawa looked at Maruki with a sad expression, he hated seeing his friends in shambles like this. Though they spoke no words, just shaking their heads in unison. Maruki sighed as he began to talk again.

"It makes absolutely no sense to me.. After all the time and money spent, to just cut off our research because it wasn't all proven sound immediately... Even if that was the result of some kind of conspiracy, what could we do about it? It's not like have any proof.." Maruki watched as [Y/N] reached to the new bottle that had brought to the table and chugged it.

"I see... So, what're you two gonna do now? The sponsors have backed out, so I doubt the college is gonna let you guys keep their labs" Shibu saw Maruki chug his bottle as well, his heart broke while his friend clung to each other as though they'd break if they let go. [Y/N] was the first to answer.

"The college is useless, it has no use. For now: find work to sustain myself and keep researching. One day, the existence of the cognitive world will be proven. Once that happens, no one will doubt us again..." Maruki nodded in agreement with her words, letting her go as she gently pushed away. They both began to chug once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They didn't know how long it had been since Shibusawa left, They didn't know how long it had been since [Y/N] had passed out, They didn't know how long it had been until they looked at how many bottles were on the table and the floor.

"Rumi.... [Y/N]... I swear I'm going to do it. I have the power now... it cost me my life with you.. So I'm going to rescue everyone from their pain.. I don't care how long it takes me... It's going to happen..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 762

A/N: Holy shit, all of them are out! Hooray! The first official chapter will be out before, by, or just a bit after the 10th. Hope you enjoyed and see ya later.

~PersonaSimp