Chapter 14: Romcom Cliché

Iwaizumi POV

Walking home from Oikawa's house, I noticed a slight skip in my step. It's cringy and cliché, I know, but how else was I supposed to let out the manifested joy I had inside of me?

I'd never admit it if I was younger, but everything about Oikawa just makes me smile. His heart, his personality, his inability to be anything but himself.

But then again, he is also a bit of a bitch, a diva, and the reason I had a bruise forming on my arm.

"I'm home!" I called into the seemingly empty house as I kicked the door open, heated air hitting me like a concrete wall. Everything was quiet, except for the TV buzzing in another room. Probably dad. I threw my shoes into the bucket beside the door and slid into the lounge room.

"I just got back from Oikawa's plac – oh?" I glanced up at the empty room, the TV still playing the news on a low volume. "This is scarily nightmarish." I muttered as I snatched the remote up, flicking it to something a little lighter.

But there was still no sign of my dad.

My mum was at work, I knew that. She had longer hours these days, meaning she wouldn't be home until late at night.

"Dad?" I called into the house again. No response.

Must've been called into work or something.

Meaning I had the entire house to myself. Meaning a murderer was probably going to jump out of the shadows.

Humming a low tune, I went up to my bedroom, pulling my phone out. I thumbed between contacts. I could tell Matsukawa and Makki about me and Oikawa, but then again, that's an extremely bad idea.

And I'm extremely bad at decision making.

You: hey I have news

Meme bitch 1: what's up?

You: just found my soulmate

Meme bitch 1: woooooo good for you man!

Meme bitch 1: who is it?

You: uhhhhhhhh

You: wellllll

Meme bitch 1: it's Oikawa right? Please tell me it's Oikawa

You: oh boy

You: yes

You: it is

Meme bitch 1: FUCK YEAH

Meme bitch 1: WE WERE RIGHT

Meme bitch 1: have you told Makki yet?

You: nope

Meme bitch 1: ha HA I've got news for him thennnnn

You: god this was a mistake

I groaned as a flurry of notifications appeared, all of them from Makki simply shrieking at me. I couldn't be bothered to read them all, so I just left my phone face down on my desk. Hopefully he wasn't screaming about some unrelated emergency, but I guess we'll never know.

Until a lyrical chime played, signalling an incoming call.

Making sure to keep the speaker a safe distance from my ear, I clicked accept.

"HOLY SHIT IWAIZUMI!" Makki yelled through the phone.

This was going to be a long call.