CHAPTER 12

MASON'S POV

I stood at the front door of my mom’s house, waiting for her to do whatever last minute stuff she was doing. "Let's go Mom. I don't want to be in traffic." I was antsy and couldn’t wait to get to Jasmine.

"Boy, don't rush me! I'm always where I need to be when I need to be there," she replied. I just shook my head. She'd been saying this all my life. Mom never let anybody rush her. She moved in her own time. “Can I lock my door or should I just let the burglars know it's open?”

“You're so dramatic!” I grabbed her bags from her, kissed her cheek, and headed to my SUV. I put the bags in back and opened her door for her. I got in and made sure she was comfortable. “We ready?” Nodding yes, I made my way to the airport. Jassy, I'm on my way.

*****

JASMINE'S POV

I almost choked on my spit. “I'm sorry, what?” Lance was still holding my hand. He kept his eyes on the road as he spoke.

“You almost called me Mason yesterday. I thought I was doing some good work if I do say so myself.” Both of us let out a whimper of a laugh and Lance's face became serious. “Jasmine, I know Mason is important to you and things have been kinda weird between us since the day you introduced us. I tried to play it off but yesterday confirms my suspicions. I like you and I'm willing to fight for you. You're about to go away with him for a week and that scares the crap out of me, but I don't want to keep anyone that doesn't want to be kept. Use this time to figure out your feelings and whatever happens, happens.”

By the time he was finished, we were at the airport. I told him to pull into long-term parking because that's where Mason would go.

“Lance, I really like -”

“Jasmine, please don't finish that sentence. The beginning is already sounding like the end. Just take this week to think. Have whatever talk you need to have, do what you need to do - though I hope you don't DO anything - and we'll talk when you come back. Deal?”

“Deal.” We got out of the car and Lance helped me take my bags out.

*****

MASON'S POV

Jasmine's going to be so excited. I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she saw this surprise. “This is going to blow her mind! I can't wait to tell her how I feel.”

“I'm glad you're finally doing it baby. You two were made for each other.” As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw this couple taking bags out of their trunk. The guy looked familiar. I couldn't see the girl because she's bent down. I pulled into a spot four spaces away and hopped out. I got the luggage out the backseat and we started walking toward the airport. The couple was kissing and when I saw the woman’s face, my heart broke. Jasmine...with pansy ass Lance. How could she? She brought him here? She wants him.

Her eyes were closed so she hadn't seen us. I heard her moan and wanted to puke. They pulled away from each other and he hugged her. That was when she saw us.

“Mom?” she asked.

*****

JASMINE'S POV

Lance had taken my bags out. He asked me about the trip and when Mason would arrive. “I hope you have tons of fun and think of me and miss me and want me and -”

I laughed as I interrupted him, “I'm not going to find you stowed away on the plane, am I?”

“Is that possible? Hmm…” I continued laughing as he pulled me into him and kissed me. The kiss was tender and loving. His arms go around me. One hand is on my butt and the other goes under my shirt, his fingertips stroking my lower back. I moaned and the kiss deepened.

When I pulled back from the kiss, he hugged me and that’s when I saw  someone that I couldn't be seeing. “Mom?”

“SURPRISE!!” she yelled. I ran toward my mother and hugged her, a bit confused.

“Are you coming to see us off?”

“No baby, I'm coming with you.”

“WHAT?!” My scream echoed in the garage. I was so excited that tears started to fall. “Really, but how?” She turned to look at Mason. I jumped onto him and wrapped myself around him like an anaconda. His arms came up and pressed me into him. I whispered near his ear, “You are seriously the best!”

“Anything for you,” he whispered back. I let Mason go and heard Lance clear his throat. Lord! I'd completely forgotten the man was there.

I cleared my throat and stood up straight, “Lance. You remember Mason. This is his mother, Lisa and this is my mother, Teresa.” Everyone exchanged pleasantries. I could feel the tension and awkwardness. I walked over to the car and got my bags. I looked at Lance and kissed his cheek. Before I could move away, he wrapped me in his arms and whispered in my ear.

“Just remember, I want you and I'm willing to fight for you, but only if you want me. Figure it out and I'll be here.” Before he let me go he kissed my neck, then my lips.

“I'll remember,” I said softly.

*****

MASON'S POV

Inside, I was fuming, but I wouldn't make a scene. When Jassy's mom told her I was the reason she was here, Jasmine jumped on me. Lance's face scrunched quickly then relaxed, but I saw it. Once she got down, pansy ass Lance made his unwanted presence known. Jasmine introduced him to our moms, then went to get her bags. When she moved away, my mom whispered to me.

“Are you alright?” I nodded my head yes.

“Are you still going to tell her?” Teresa asked. I shook my head no.

“Baby, are you -”

“Mom, leave it alone.” There was no emotion in my voice. My mother just patted my arm. She knew I was pissed. She also knew it was taking all my strength to watch them together. Jasmine kissed his cheek and he grabbed her. I wanted to break every finger he had. I wanted to grab her and kiss her, claim her in front of him. Let pansy Lance know she'll NEVER be his!

Finally the love fest was done and Lance let her go.

“Well everyone, have a safe and fun trip. Ladies, it was nice to meet you. Mason, good to see you. Y'all take good care of my girl,” he looked at me when he said that, “Jasmine, I'll see you when you get back.”

I just looked at him and smirked. Like I said, I wasn't going to cause a scene, but he was asking for his face to have a meeting with my knuckles. “Later dude. Ladies, shall we?” The ladies started walking and I followed behind them. When I passed Lance, I turned to him and winked, “I'll take such good care of her,” I whispered.