CHAPTER 23

MASON'S POV

What was taking so long? She had to be talking to him because he hadn't come back out. Man, I hoped this worked.

Right now, I was standing outside Jasmine's party. Marco was my only hope to get her to talk to me again. This had to work or I would lose her. I definitely couldn't have that.

“Please let her listen to him,” I prayed.

*****

JASMINE'S POV

“Hey. Here she is.”

Marco passed me the phone and I blew out a long breath.

“Hello?”

“Jasmine?”

“Yeah Stacy, it's me.”

“I can imagine I'm the last person you want to speak with.”

“I'm not gonna lie, you aren't in my top 10. What do you need?” I wanted this call to end, and soon. Stacy really was the last person I wanted to talk to. She was the reason I'd lost Mason. I loathed her.

“That's fair so I'll get to it.” She paused for a minute and I glanced at Marco. He gave me a smile and encouraged me to listen. Then he walked out the room to give me some privacy. “That night on the ship, I went to Mason's room and tried to seduce him. He told me he wanted you and I didn't handle that well. I stole his room key and snuck back in when he was in the bathroom. He came out and was surprised and pissed. What you walked in on really wasn't what it looked like. He was putting me out.”

I shouted, “You did WHAT?!”

“I know. I really am ashamed at how I acted. I was just so hurt. He didn't want me and I just couldn't accept that right then. I'd missed him and wanted him back. I wanted a second chance to fix what I'd messed up.”

“Wow! I don't know what to say.”

“Yeah...so there you have it.”

I finally knew what I’d walked in on and I was ecstatic that Mason hadn’t chosen her. However, I still needed her to answer one more thing. “Wait, I came back to his room and heard you in there. I heard you say you were going to make him feel good. I heard you moan.”

“Oh God! Not my finest moment. When he came back to his room, I was still there and he still wasn't happy about that. I threw myself at him again and he threw me out. Literally. He picked up my clothes and threw them out of his room and then sent me out after them. He slammed the door in my face.”

I couldn't help the chuckle that came out. Mason was one of the nicest guys you could know, especially to women, but if you pissed him off, LOOK OUT!

“So nothing happened?”

Stacy sighed sadly and replied, “Nothing. He wanted you and since we're on the phone now, I take it he still wants you.”

“Thank you Stacy. I know this had to be hard, but thank you.”

“Yeah, I don't like losing, but if I'm going to lose him to someone, at least it's you. Take care of him, Jasmine.”

“I will.” I ended the call and opened the door. My heart was pounding in my chest. He wanted me that night. I ruined everything by not listening to him. He wanted me then and he wants me now. I have to find him! Wait, I have to take care of something first.

I handed Marco his phone and walked back into the party. Lance was seated at the table talking to my mother.

“Lance, come with me.” I grabbed his hand and walked out of the party to a secluded area in the hall.