Chapter 7~ Commotions

*Chief's POV*

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep ...

I slowly opened my eyes to the noise of my comm link going off. 'Who in their right mind would be calling me at THIS hour?' I thought to myself. "12:57" I read on my phone.

I drowsily sat myself up on my bed and reached for said comm that was placed right beside my alarm clock. I tapped it and said "Emergency dispatch line wha-" "Chief!! Chief there's a house on fire. I know it's the middle of the night but I need y'all to come quickly." Talia explained interrupting me.

"Okay, what is your location Talia?" I asked standing up and headed to my closet. She told me and then I ended the call. I immediately started changing into my police suit.

I ran to the command center and sounded the alarm. I then went downstairs and slid down the fire pole. On my way down I saw the 'bots coming up from the bunker on the platform.

"This...could be the earliest emergency we've gotten so far," Chase said stepping off of the platform.

"Chase, don't jinx it! I don't want my recharge to keep being interrupted." Blades whined.

"What does the word jinx mean exactly?" He asked raising an optic ridge.

"It means that now that you said it, it's gonna happen again!!" Blades replied. "I think. I'm not sure, that word is confusing to use." He said scratching the back of his helm a little.

"Then don't use it." Heatwave said sarcastically.

"Alright, we're here." Kade said as he rushed out the elevator with Dani following behind him. "What's the emergency?"

"Talia called in saying that a house on — street is on fire. We can't let it get out of control." I answered. "I already notified Graham and Boulder."

"What's Talia doing out in the middle of the night??" Dani asked confused.

"I don't know but we have to go, now!" The bots transformed letting us get inside and then we were on our way right after Heatwave said his catchphrase.

*Time skip (when they arrive)*

I got out of Chase and glanced around to see what needed to be done. I gaze stopped at a couple with their kids all sitting down on a nearby bench. They had ashes all over their clothes so that meant that they came from inside the building. "Dani help them," I said tilting my head towards them. She nodded in response. "Heatwave, Kade you 2 put the fire out. Boulder and Graham, make sure the fire doesn't spread. Chase and I will keep the crowd under control." I ordered.

Everyone scattered off doing their jobs. I was on my way to do my part when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Dani, she told me that Talia ran inside to save the couple's daughter. "WHAT!!" I exclaimed."Kade, there are still 2 people inside. Get. Them. Out!"

*Talia's POV*

I ran inside knowing the huge risk I was taking. Risking my life for another. If their daughter hasn't gotten out then that means something was holding her from escaping and if she didn't get out in time, she could die in here.

The fire was spreading like wildfire and had already consumed the kitchen and the living room in games. I had to dodge falling and burning debris before reaching their rooms. I ran around opening all the doors that I came across looking for her. I finally spotted her inside what seemed to be her bedroom. She was sitting on the floor, against the wall, holding her ankle. I rushed over to her and bent down. "M-my ankle ... I-I must've sprained it." She stuttered looking up at me.