Chapter 8~ Discoveries

*Dani's POV*

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a walk to finish." She said. She then turned around and walked away from us.

"Talia, Wait!" I shouted as I commenced to walk behind her, wanting to follow but then I felt a hand grab my arm stopping me. I turned around finding myself facing my dad.

"She needs some space right now." He said.

"Yea, I suppose your right." I replied looking down.

*Luz's POV*

I saw everything play out. Everything since when Talia started yelling at them. I sighed. 'Great. Thanks a lot stupid ankle. If only you didn't fail on me I could've gotten out by myself without needing someone to rescue me.' I thought as I looked down at my bandaged ankle.

     The pilot, I think her name was Dani, gave me some ibuprofen to help with the swelling and made sure that my foot was elevated. I had a nasty bruise on it so she gave me an ice pack and told me to press it against the bruise for a good 15 minutes. She then asked if I could walk, I said yes but that every time I took a step I just felt a slight pain but then after I take a random step it would hurt enough to make me lose my balance. She them explained to me that she thinks that it was just a partial tear and that I would need to stay off of my left foot for about 3-4 weeks. 'Wow. Now that's just awesome.' I sarcastically thought when she told me.

"Luz, do you want me to take you to the hospital right now so they can give you a brace or do you want to wait 'till tomorrow to go to the doctor's?" My dad asked making me return from my thoughts.

"Oh. Oh yea. I'll wait 'till tomorrow. *yawn* I'm pretty sleepy right now." I said tiredly. He replied with an ok.

*Talia's POV*

'I think this is far enough.' I stopped and turned around. I checked to see if anyone had followed me which thank God no one was. I really needed some time to myself right now.

     I had walked a good distance away from where the rescue occurred, to be specific the forest. Back in Illinois, I always use to go hiking when I needed to clear my thoughts. Pearl knew where my favorite spot to hike was so she knew where to find me if she ever got too worried. *sighs*

     It was currently 2:38 in the morning. I was very sleepy but I knew if I did fall asleep I could find myself having another nightmare. 'I don't want that happening again.'

     I found a trail during my walk and decided to follow it. After a while, something shimmered out of the corner of my eye which caught my attention. I turned around, gazing at the spot I saw the shimmer. I hesitantly headed towards it. I had to move some branches out of the way and dodge some too. When I finally reached it, I saw a beautiful pond. It looked very glassy and placid which made it look like it sparkled under the moonlight, it was also surrounded by shiny river rocks. It had a few flower bushes on the left of it too.

(Something like this but pretend that it's nighttime)