Robin or Dick Greyson? [Part 1: Robin]

Angst
Daddybats
Ages:
Dick - 13
Wally - 15
Artemis - 15
Bruce - 32
________________________

[Third POV]

As Robin, he could be strong. He was cool and wanted. But as Dick Greyson he wasn't so sure. At school he was a victim to many bullies. Even Artemis didn't like him. Every now and then through insults his way. But as Robin, he felt wanted. Artemis respected him and treated him nicely. But Dick Greyson was the real him. Didn't no one like the real him? Sure, Robin had aspects of Dick. But it wasn't really him.

Dick sighed, picking himself off the ground. He had just been cornered by two of his bullies. Artemis has walked past while it was happening and only given him a strange look. She didn't really care about him.

Barbara helped Dick to his feet, giving him a worried look. "Are you ok Dick." She asked.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." Dick sighed. Barbara looked at him like she didn't believe him. "Come on. We should just get to class." He said limping away.

• • •

Over time, Dick's self confidence plummeted. He was afraid to be Dick. Afraid that people wouldn't like the real him. Apart from the bullies, a lot of older high profile people in Gotham didn't really like him either. He had heard how they talked about him. Said he didn't deserve to be with Bruce.

As Dick walked down stairs Bruce looked over at him. He had noticed his wards weird behaviour lately but wasn't sure what was wrong. "Dick? Is everything ok?" He asked.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." Dick responded giving him a small smile. "I'm just heading to the cave." He said. With that he quickly heading down to the bat cave and then through the zeta tube.

Dick entered the mounting wearing his sunglasses to hide his identity. "Hey Dick!" Wally greeted.

"It's Robin." Dick immediately told him.

"Don't worry dude. No one else is here." He put a hand on Dick's shoulder.

"It's Robin." The younger boy said sternly.

"Ok... Rob what's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"Nothings wrong!" Dick yelled. "S-sorry. I'm fine. Just... yeah I'm fine." He said, beginning to walk off. "I think I'm just going to head back KF. Sorry." He put his hands in his pockets and changed to direction back towards the zeta tube.

Wally watched him leave with a worried look on his face. He new something was definitely up with his best friend.

When Dick headed back up to the manor Bruce was eating dinner. "Dick!" He called. "Come join me for dinner."

Cautiously, Dick walked over to him, standing next to his seat and looking down at the meal in front of him. "Take your glasses off Dick." Bruce said.

The boy slightly panicked. He didn't want to take them off. Doing that meant becoming Dick Greyson. And nobody wanted him. Robin was the favourite.

"N-no. I'm not hungry." He said, quickly walking off before his guardian could ask any more questions. He quickly retreated to his room.

In there he took off his sunglasses. It was safe in there. Standing in front of the mirror he frowned at his reflection. There were dark bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. All together though, he began to understand why Dick Greyson was so unwanted. He was worthless, a circus freak. Those bullies were just clever enough to be the first ones to spot it.

• • •

The team had been at the cave doing some training with black canary. They had just finished up and Wally was now approaching Dick. "Hey man. Want to come to hang out and play some video games?" He asked.